The Mississippi Valley State Delta Devils (0-7) are off to a slow start and will try to get their first win when they take on the Oklahoma State Cowboys (6-1) at Gallagher-Iba Arena. Tip-off is set for 3 p.m. ET on Sunday, December 3, 2017.
Mississippi Valley State Delta Devils at Oklahoma State Cowboys Betting Preview
In the Delta Devils last contest, they lost to the Samford Bulldogs, 83-70. Dante Scott had a solid performance for Mississippi Valley State, leading the team in scoring with 21 points on 8-for-14 shooting. Samford did a fantastic job of converting from the charity stripe (13-18; 72.2 percent). Mississippi Valley State, on the other hand, had a turnover percentage of 9.5 (better than their season average of 16.9).
The Cowboys come in on a high note after topping the Austin Peay Governors in their last game, 79-63. With 17 points on 5-for-13 shooting, Jeffrey Carroll was Oklahoma State’s leading scorer. The Cowboys had a solid effective field goal percentage of 0.588 (above their season average of 0.500), while the Governors had a turnover percentage of 23.5 (above their season average of 18.6).
Oklahoma State could dominate on the offensive side of the ball as their prolific offense squares off against one of the worst defenses in the NCAA. The Cowboys rank 10th in offensive efficiency, while Mississippi Valley State ranks 349th in defensive efficiency dating back to the 2016-17 season. Moreover, the Delta Devils rank 251st in turnover percentage (19.7 percent), while the Cowboys rank 48th in opponents turnover percentage (21.1 percent).
Mississippi Valley State Delta Devils vs. Oklahoma State Cowboys Odds Prediction
Predictions: SU Winner – Oklahoma State, ATS Winner – Oklahoma State, O/U – Over
Betting Notes (2016-Present):
- The Cowboys average 7.3 steals per game, which ranks 53rd in the nation. The Delta Devils rank 252nd in steals allowed per game (7.1).
- Oklahoma State ranks 162nd in blocks per game (3.2) while Mississippi Valley State ranks 288th (1.9).
- Oklahoma State ranks 43rd in three pointers allowed per game (19.1) while Mississippi Valley State ranks 289th (23.9).
- The Cowboys rank 63rd in assists per game (15.3) while the Delta Devils rank 307th in assists allowed per game (16.9).
- Oklahoma State ranks 61st in rebounds allowed per game (33.1) while Mississippi Valley State ranks 302nd (39.1).