The Mississippi Valley State Delta Devils (0-8) are off to a slow start and will try to get their first win when they challenge the Duquesne Dukes (5-3) at A.J. Palumbo Center. Action begins at 7 p.m. ET on Wednesday, December 13, 2017.
Mississippi Valley State Delta Devils vs. Duquesne Dukes Odds Preview
The Delta Devils were blown out by the Oklahoma State Cowboys in their last game, 83-62. Mississippi Valley State’s Emmanuel Ejeh put together a good performance, recording seven points and 12 rebounds. Oklahoma State did a terrific job of converting from the charity stripe (10-14; 71.4 percent). Mississippi Valley State, on the other hand, had an offensive rebounding percentage of 32.5 (above their season average of 25.6).
In the Dukes last matchup, they blew out the Delaware State Hornets, 97-48. Duquesne’s Eric Williams Jr. played a pivotal role with 22 points and nine rebounds. Duquesne dominated nearly every facet of the game. They had a fantastically low turnover percentage of 8.4 (better than their season average of 14.0) and an effective field goal percentage of 0.618 (above their season average of 0.477). Delaware State recorded marks of 22.8 and 0.340, respectively, for those same stats.
Mississippi Valley State Delta Devils at Duquesne Dukes ATS Prediction
Predictions: SU Winner – Mississippi Valley State, ATS Winner – Mississippi Valley State, O/U – Over
Betting Notes (2016-Present):
- The Dukes rank 190th in assists per game (12.5) while the Delta Devils rank 233rd in assists allowed per game (16.9).
- Duquesne averages 5.4 steals per game, which ranks 174th in the NCAA. Mississippi Valley State ranks 175th in steals allowed per game (7.2).
- Duquesne ranks 131st in three pointers attempted per game (22.2) while Mississippi Valley State ranks 265th (16.2).
- The Dukes rank 117th in rebounds per game (36.8) while the Delta Devils rank 242nd in rebounds allowed per game (39.0).
- Duquesne averages 4.1 blocks per game, which ranks 64th in the nation. Mississippi Valley State ranks 149th in blocks allowed per game (4.0).