The Nebraska Cornhuskers welcome the Mississippi Valley State Delta Devils to Pinnacle Bank Arena to kick off the new season. Action gets underway at 8 p.m. ET on Tuesday, November 6, 2018.
Mississippi Valley State Delta Devils vs. Nebraska Cornhuskers ATS Odds
Neither team made the tournament last season. Nebraska went 22-10 in the regular season while Mississippi Valley State finished 4-28.
When considering effective field goal percentage, Nebraska figures to have a significant advantage. In the 2017-18 season, the Cornhuskers defense ranked 28th in effective field goal percentage allowed (0.470), while the Mississippi Valley State offense ranked 351st in effective field goal percentage (0.426). Additionally, the Delta Devils, who ranked 321st in free throw attempt (FTA) rate (0.196), will battle against the Cornhuskers, who ranked 19th in opponents’ FTA rate (0.178).
Mississippi Valley State Delta Devils vs. Nebraska Cornhuskers Odds Pick
Prediction: SU Winner – Nebraska, ATS Winner – Nebraska, O/U – Over
Betting Notes (2017-Present):
- Nebraska ranks seventh in blocks per game (5.5) while Mississippi Valley State ranks 265th (1.7).
- The Cornhuskers rank 89th in assists allowed per game (12.5) while the Delta Devils rank 275th (15.3).
- Nebraska ranks 29th in steals allowed per game (5.1) while Mississippi Valley State ranks 133rd (6.1).
- The Cornhuskers rank 17th in three pointers allowed per game (18.1) while the Delta Devils rank 223rd (23.3).
- Nebraska ranks 121st in rebounds per game (36.1) while Mississippi Valley State ranks 308th in rebounds allowed per game (39.8).