The Mississippi Valley State Delta Devils (0-15, 0-2 SWAC) are off to a slow start and will try to pick up their first victory when they square off against the Alabama A&M Bulldogs (1-14, 1-2 SWAC) at Elmore Gymnasium. Action begins at 1 p.m. ET on Monday, January 8, 2018.
Mississippi Valley State Delta Devils at Alabama A&M Bulldogs Betting Preview,
The Delta Devils were beaten by the Alabama State Hornets in their last outing, 63-46. With 16 points on 4-for-21 shooting, Jordan Evans was Mississippi Valley State’s leading scorer. Alabama State had a free throw rate of 0.308 (above their season average of 0.218). Mississippi Valley State, on the other hand, had a turnover percentage of 6.9 (better than their season average of 16.7).
In the Bulldogs last game, they were beaten by the UAPB Golden Lions, 69-62. With 10 points and eight rebounds, Andre Kennedy played well for Alabama A&M. UAPB had an offensive rebounding percentage of 37.5 (above their season average of 22.0). Alabama A&M, on the other hand, had an effective field goal percentage of 0.510 (above their season average of 0.448).
Alabama A&M could have a tough time creating turnovers. Mississippi Valley State ranks 163rd in the NCAA at avoiding errors (turnover percentage of 18.7 percent), while Alabama A&M forces the 64th-fewest turnovers (17.3 percent).
This will be the first matchup of the year between these two teams, after splitting two games last season. The Delta Devils won the last matchup 68-66. Mississippi Valley State had a better effective field goal percentage (0.492 vs. 0.449). Alabama A&M, on the other hand, had a better free throw rate (0.220 vs. 0.169).
Mississippi Valley State Delta Devils at Alabama A&M Bulldogs ATS Prediction
Predictions: SU Winner – Mississippi Valley State, ATS Winner – Mississippi Valley State, O/U – Over
- The Bulldogs rank 243rd in assists per game (11.1) while the Delta Devils rank 260th (8.3).
- Alabama A&M ranks 184th in rebounds allowed per game (36.7) while Mississippi Valley State ranks 262nd (41.0).
- The Delta Devils rank 158th in steals per game (5.4) while the Bulldogs rank 191st in steals allowed per game (8.4).
- Alabama A&M ranks 220th in three pointers attempted per game (18.5) while Mississippi Valley State ranks 248th (16.3).
- The Bulldogs average margin of defeat in their last five games has been 18.6, down from 20.6 for the season.
- During their last five games, the Delta Devils have scored an average of 55.0 points per game (1.9 below their season average) and allowed an average of 76.6 points per game (2.3 below their season average).