The Mississippi State Bulldogs (24-11) clash with the Louisville Cardinals (22-13) in the NIT at KFC Yum! Center. Action begins at 9 p.m. ET on Tuesday, March 20, 2018, and can be seen on ESPN.
Mississippi State Bulldogs at Louisville Cardinals ATS Odds
Both teams were triumphant in their last game. The Cardinals were victorious over the Middle Tennessee Blue Raiders 84-68, while the Bulldogs won a close one over the Baylor Bears 78-77.
Mississippi State launched 22 three pointers, making 13 of them (59.1 percent). Baylor, meanwhile, was 3-12 (25.0 percent). Louisville, on the other hand, played a flawless game. They had a turnover percentage of 10.0 (better than their season average of 14.8) and a free throw rate of 0.278 (above their season average of 0.237). Middle Tennessee was 20.5 and 0.216, respectively, for those same stats. Louisville received a boost from Ray Spalding, who put up 18 points. Meanwhile, Aric Holman had a solid performance for Mississippi State, finishing with 13 points and eight rebounds.
Points could be at a premium as a pair of the nation’s best defenses clash. Louisville ranks 53rd in defensive efficiency (99.4) and Mississippi State is 52nd (99.3).
Lamar Peters has taken his game to another level recently for Mississippi State, averaging 13.6 points and 4.8 assists over the last five games.
Mississippi State Bulldogs vs. Louisville Cardinals ATS Pick
Basketball Pick: SU Winner – Mississippi State, ATS Winner – Mississippi State, O/U – Over
- Mississippi State ranks 125th in rebounds allowed per game (34.2) while Louisville ranks 244th (36.8).
- The Bulldogs rank 100th in steals per game (6.6) while the Cardinals rank 108th in steals allowed per game (5.9).
- The Cardinals rank fourth in blocks per game (6.1) while the Bulldogs rank 100th in blocks allowed per game (3.1).
- Louisville ranks 30th in assists allowed per game (11.1) while Mississippi State ranks 63rd (11.9).
- During their last five games, the Cardinals have scored an average of 71.8 points per game (4.3 below their season average) and allowed an average of 70.2 points per game (0.1 above their season average).
- The Bulldogs have been outscored by an average of 2.6 points in their last five games. For the season, Mississippi State has defeated opponents by an average of 5.7 points.