The Mississippi State Bulldogs (23-11), 6-point underdogs, square off with the Baylor Bears (19-14) in the NIT at Ferrell Center. The games Over/Under (O/U) opened at 137 points and it can be seen on ESPN at 12 p.m. ET on Sunday, March 18, 2018.
Mississippi State Bulldogs vs. Baylor Bears Betting Odds
Both teams were triumphant in their last game. The Bears easily got past the Wagner Seahawks 80-59, while the Bulldogs beat the Nebraska Cornhuskers 66-59.
Mississippi State dominated nearly every stat category in the game. They had a free throw rate of 0.211 (below their season average of 0.216) and an offensive rebounding percentage of 45.7 (above their season average of 31.2). Nebraska recorded marks of 0.108 and 26.2, respectively, for those same stats. The Bears, meanwhile, had a phenomenal effective field goal percentage of 0.614 (above their season average of 0.520), while the Seahawks had a free throw rate of 0.155 (below their season average of 0.259). Manu Lecomte led the way for Baylor, finishing with 24 points and six assists. Aric Holman was a key piece for Mississippi State with 16 points and 10 rebounds.
The offensive glass should be a huge edge for Baylor in this matchup. The Bears are among the NCAAs elite on the offensive glass, ranking 14th in offensive rebounding percentage at 35.3 percent. Meanwhile, Mississippi State ranks 250th in the NCAA at corralling defensive rebounds with a defensive rebounding percentage of 70.0 percent.
Mississippi State Bulldogs at Baylor Bears Odds Pick
College Basketball Pick: SU Winner – Baylor, ATS Winner – Baylor, O/U – Under
- Mississippi State ranks ninth in blocks per game (5.4) while Baylor ranks 207th in blocks allowed per game (4.2).
- The Bears rank 48th in rebounds allowed per game (32.4) while the Bulldogs rank 125th (34.2).
- The Bulldogs rank 47th in assists allowed per game (11.6) while the Bears rank 222nd (14.4).
- Mississippi State ranks 156th in three pointers attempted per game (21.9) while Baylor ranks 287th (18.1).
- During their last five games, the Bears have scored an average of 74.2 points per game (1.4 below their season average) and allowed an average of 72.0 points per game (2.6 above their season average).
- The Bulldogs have been outscored by an average of 7.2 points in their last five games. For the season, Mississippi State has defeated opponents by an average of 5.9 points.