The Honda Center is playing host a Western Conference showdown as the Anaheim Ducks welcome the visiting Minnesota Wild. The opening face-off is at 10 p.m. ET on Friday, December 8, and you can watch the game live on Sportsnet ONE.
Minnesota Wild at Anaheim Ducks Odds
Minnesota enters the game as the slight favorite with a -115 moneyline. The line for Anaheim sits at -105, and the oddsmakers have put the Over/Under (O/U) at 6 goals (-130 under, +110 over).
Minnesota is 13-14 straight up (SU) and has lost 3.8 units for moneyline bettors this year. 15 of its games have gone over the total, while 10 have gone under and just two have pushed. As the road team in 2017-18, the Wild are 5-9 SU.
Minnesota has converted on 22.5 percent of its power play chances this year, a mark that’s good enough for eighth-best in the league. Its penalty kill is ranked 12th overall, and it’s successfully killed off 81.8 percent of all penalties.
For the team as a whole, the Wild have been sent to the penalty box 4.1 times per game overall in the 2017-18 season, and 5.6 per game over its last five on the road. The team has had to kill penalties a whopping 15.4 minutes per game over their last five outings.
Averaging 28.8 saves per game with a .914 save percentage, Devan Dubnyk (11-10-2) has been the primary option in goal for Minnesota this year. If it chooses to give him a rest, however, Minnesota may roll with Alex Stalock (2-5-1 record, .904 save percentage, 3.14 goals against average).
Eric Staal and Jason Zucker will both spearhead the attack for the visiting Wild. Staal (23 points) has tallied 10 goals and 13 assists, and has recorded two or more points in six different games. Zucker has 13 goals and nine assists to his nameand has notched at least one point in 16 games.
Over on the other bench, Anaheim is 12-17 straight up (SU) and has lost 4.0 units for moneyline bettors this year. Through 29 regular season outings, 17 of its games have gone under the total, while 11 have gone over and just one has pushed. This season, the teams 7-9 SU as the home team.
The Ducks have converted on just 18.4 percent of their power play opportunities this year, a figure that’s right around league average. On the other hand, its penalty kill is ranked eighth overall, and it’s successfully killed off 82.5 percent of all opponent power plays.
Anaheim players have been sent to the penalty box 5.1 times per game in total this season, and 4.4 per game over their last five at home. The team has had to stave off opponent power plays 10.6 minutes per contest over their last five home games.
John Gibson (31.7 saves per game) has been the top choice in goal for the Ducks. Gibson has eight wins, 14 losses, and three overtime losses to his name and has registered a mediocre 2.97 goals against average and a .921 save percentage this year.
The Ducks offense will be led by Corey Perry (six goals, 15 assists).
Minnesota Wild at Anaheim Ducks Betting Predictions
Predictions: SU Winner – Ducks, O/U – Under
- Five of Anaheim’s last ten contests have been decided by two or more goals. The team is 1-4 overall in those games.
- The Wild are 7-9 SU in games where they serve more penalty minutes than their opponent while the Ducks are 10-10 SU when they spend more time in the box than their opponent.
- Four of Anaheim’s last ten games have ended in a shootout. The team is 1-3 in those games and 2-4 overall in shootouts this year.
- The under has hit in three of Anaheim’s last five games.
- Anaheim is ranked 22nd this season with 10.6 giveaways per game. That figure has improved, however, as the team’s averaged 8.7 giveaways over its last 10 games and 6.8 giveaways over its last five.
- Minnesota skaters have averaged 8.0 giveaways over its last five home games, a rise over its season average of 6.3 giveaways per game (ranked second in the league).
- The Ducks this season have registered the sixth-most hits in the league (24.1 per game).