The Minnesota Vikings and Green Bay Packers are ready to square off on the grass at Lambeau Field. This NFC North matchup kicks off at 1:00 p.m. ET and FOX is scheduled to have the TV rights.
Betting Preview: Green Bay Packers vs. Minnesota Vikings
Minnesota is playing the role of underdog and is currently getting 2 points in this NFC matchup. The Vikings are also receiving +105 moneyline odds while the Packers are -125. If one team can create a bunch of points in the early stages it will generate a solid betting opportunity in-game. Oddsmakers have placed the over/under (O/U) at 46.5 points.
This matchup’s line has recently moved up from -3 to where it is now (-2). The game’s over/under has yet to move after being initially set at 46.5.
The Vikings are 1-0 against the spread (ATS) and have gained 1.0 unit so far in 2018. The team’s posted an O/U record of 0-1.
The Packers have gained 1.0 unit for moneyline bettors this season. They’re 0-1 ATS and have an O/U record of 1-0.
The Vikings have gone 1-0 straight up (SU) and the team has yet to face any NFC North opponents this year. The Packers are 1-0 SU overall and 1-0 SU against divisional foes.
The Vikes are looking to stay undefeated following a 24-16 win over San Francisco last week. Kirk Cousins completed only 20-of-36 passes for 244 yards and two touchdowns. Dalvin Cook (just 40 yards on 16 rush attempts) and Latavius Murray (42 yards on 11 carries) mounted the ground attack while Cook (six receptions, 55 yards) and Adam Thielen (six catches, 102 yards) handled the receiving duties in the win.
Green Bay enters this one having just earned a 24-23 win over Chicago in Week 1. The team’s defense allowed the Bears to run for 139 yards on 27 rush attempts, along with one rushing TD. Jordan Howard was a bright spot in the defeat for Chicago, recording 82 rushing yards on 15 attempts. As a group, the Packers collectively completed 24-of-37 passes for 341 yards, three touchdowns and one interception. Aaron Rodgers went 20-for-30 for 286 yards and three touchdowns while DeShone Kizer was four-of-seven for 55 yards and one interception. Jamaal Williams (47 yards on 15 rush attempts) mounted the running game while Randall Cobb (nine receptions, 142 yards, one TD) and Davante Adams (five catches, 88 yards, one TD) led the receiving corps in the win.
It appears that the Vikings may have the more disruptive lines up front. Their offensive line gave up just 27 sacks last season while the D-line registered 37 sacks. The Packers offensive line allowed 51 sacks last year and their defense generated only 37 sacks..
Minnesota Vikings vs. Green Bay Packers NFL Prediction
SU Winner: Packers, ATS Winner: Vikings, O/U: Over
- The Green Bay defense has sacked opposing QBs four times this year. Minnesota has recorded three sacks.
- Each team has lost one fumble this season,
- The Minnesota O-line yielded 27 sacks last season. Their defense created 37 sacks.
- Green Bay offensive line gave up 51 sacks last season. Their defense got to opposing QBs on 37 occasions,
- Minnesota created 15 rushing touchdowns last season.
- Green Bay put up 13 rushing touchdowns last season.
- The Vikings logged 3.9 yards per carry last season while allowing a YPC of 3.7 to opponents.
- The Packers recorded 4.5 yards per carry last season and gave up a YPC of 3.9 to opponents.
- Both of these teams put up exactly 25 passing touchdowns last season.
- Green Bay was favored by 7 points in its last match and the Over/Under going into it was 44.5. The over cashed and Green Bay did not cover in that 24-23 triumph over Chicago.
- Over its last three contests, Green Bay is 0-3 ATS and the over cashed in two of those three.
- In its last three matches, Minnesota is 0-2-1 ATS and the over cashed in two of those three.
- Minnesota was favored by 7 points in its last game and the O/U was set at 46. The under cashed and Minnesota covered in the 24-16 victory over San Francisco.