The Wisconsin Badgers (18-10, 11-6 Big 10) welcome the Minnesota Golden Gophers (13-14, 7-10 Big 10) to Kohl Center. The Badgers will try to continue their five-game winning streak. The game gets underway at 6:30 p.m. ET on Sunday, March 1, 2020.
Minnesota Golden Gophers at Wisconsin Badgers Betting Odds
In their last game, the Badgers were victorious over the 19th-ranked Michigan Wolverines, 81-74, while the Golden Gophers lost a winnable game to the ninth-ranked Maryland Terrapins, 74-73.
The Badgers made 12 of their 15 free throws (80.0 percent) and had an effective field goal percentage of 0.639 (above their season average of 0.502). Minnesota, on the other hand, was en fuego from three-point territory (10-24; 41.7 percent). D’Mitrik Trice had a good outing for Wisconsin, contributing 28 points. Daniel Oturu was a key piece for Minnesota with 28 points and 11 rebounds.
In their first matchup this year, Oturu led the Golden Gophers to a 70-52 win. He notched a double-double with 17 points and 14 rebounds. Minnesota’s free throw rate was their biggest advantage over Wisconsin. The Golden Gophers had a rate of 0.180, while the Badgers posted a mark of 0.104.
Half-court execution will be of utmost importance when a pair of the country’s slowest-paced teams face off. Wisconsin currently ranks 345th in possessions per game (63.9) and Minnesota is 277th (67.3). Moreover, the Golden Gophers rank 58th in turnover percentage (17.2 percent), while the Badgers rank 296th in opponents’ turnover percentage (17.3 percent).
Minnesota vs. Wisconsin ATS Pick
Free Prediction: SU Winner – Minnesota, ATS Winner – Minnesota, O/U – Over
- Minnesota ranks 35th in rebounds per game (39.1) while Wisconsin ranks 222nd (33.8).
- The Golden Gophers rank 233rd in steals per game (4.9) while the Badgers rank 246th (4.5).
- Minnesota ranks 35th in three pointers allowed per game (18.4) while Wisconsin ranks 39th (18.5).
- The Golden Gophers rank 31st in assists per game (15.1) while the Badgers rank 193rd (12.2).
- Wisconsin ranks 77th in blocks per game (3.7) while Minnesota ranks 139th in blocks allowed per game (3.6).
- The Badgers’ average margin of victory in their last five games has been 9.8, up from 4.8 for the season.
- During their last five games, the Golden Gophers have scored an average of 68.8 points per game (1.1 below their season average) and allowed an average of 68.0 points per game (2.1 above their season average).