Expect a high-scoring game when the No. 14 Minnesota Golden Gophers (8-2) and the Arkansas Razorbacks (6-2) battle at Bud Walton Arena. Action starts at 6:45 p.m. ET on Saturday, December 9, 2017, and it can be seen on SEC Network.
Minnesota Golden Gophers at Arkansas Razorbacks Free Preview
In the Golden Gophers last contest, they lost to the Nebraska Cornhuskers, 78-68. Nate Mason had a good performance for Minnesota, leading the team in scoring with 20 points on 5-for-16 shooting. Nebraska did a great job of converting from the free throw line (22-28; 78.6 percent). Minnesota, meanwhile, forced the Cornhuskers into a turnover percentage of 20.7 (above their season average of 13.7).
The Razorbacks come in on a high note after thoroughly outplaying the Colorado State Rams in their last matchup, 92-66. Arkansas received a boost from Jaylen Barford, who recorded 19 points and five rebounds. The Razorbacks had a ridiculously low turnover percentage of 6.3 (better than their season average of 14.3) and had an effective field goal percentage of 0.590 (above their season average of 0.538).
Since the 2016-17 season, Arkansas has done a solid job of getting to the charity stripe. They rank 37th in free throw attempt (FTA) rate (0.291), but Minnesota has been among the best in the NCAA at keeping opponents off the line (ranking 37th by allowing a FTA rate of 0.199). Moreover, the Golden Gophers, who rank 32nd in offensive rebounding percentage (31.0 percent), will try to exploit the Razorbacks, who rank 316th in defensive rebounding percentage (66.8 percent).
The Golden Gophers won the only game against the Razorbacks last season, 85-71. The Golden Gophers played a nearly perfect game. They had a great effective field goal percentage of 0.598 and a turnover percentage of 17.3. For those same stats, the Razorbacks were 0.434 and 23.1, respectively.
Minnesota Golden Gophers at Arkansas Razorbacks Betting Prediction
Predictions: SU Winner – Minnesota, ATS Winner – Minnesota, O/U – Over
Betting Notes (2016-Present):
- The Razorbacks rank 42nd in steals per game (7.5) while the Golden Gophers rank 151st (5.8).
- Minnesota ranks 260th in three pointers attempted per game (18.1) while Arkansas ranks 280th (18.1).
- Minnesota averages 40.3 rebounds per game, which ranks sixth in the NCAA. Arkansas ranks 211th in rebounds allowed per game (36.4).
- The Razorbacks average 4.7 blocks per game, which ranks 45th in the NCAA. The Golden Gophers rank 235th in blocks allowed per game (3.8).
- Minnesota ranks ninth in assists per game (15.6) while Arkansas ranks 125th (14.2).