The Wright State Raiders (19-7, 11-2 Hor) look to lengthen a 12-game home winning streak when they challenge the Milwaukee Panthers (13-14, 6-8 Hor) at Ervin J. Nutter Center. The Over/Under (O/U) for the game opened at 129 points with Wright State set as an 8.5-point favorite. Action begins at 7 p.m. ET on Saturday, February 10, 2018.
Milwaukee Panthers at Wright State Raiders Odds Preview
The last time the Panthers played, they lost a tough one against the Northern Kentucky Norse, 54-52. Bryce Barnes had a good performance for Milwaukee, leading the team in scoring with 13 points on 5-for-13 shooting. Northern Kentucky did a terrific job of converting from the free throw line (6-8; 75.0 percent). Milwaukee, on the other hand, had an offensive rebounding percentage of 34.2 (above their season average of 25.4).
The Raiders hope to maintain momentum after topping the Green Bay Phoenix in their last contest, 68-64. Wright State received a boost from Mark Hughes, who contributed 13 points and 14 rebounds. The Raiders held the Phoenix to an offensive rebounding percentage of 17.5 (below their season average of 28.3). The Phoenix had a free throw rate of 0.138 (below their season average of 0.248).
Wright State appears to have the edge on the defensive side of the ball. The Raiders rank 53rd in effective field goal percentage allowed (0.476), while Milwaukee is 199th in effective field goal percentage (0.509).
Both of these teams have a tendency to go under the O/U total. Games involving Milwaukee have finished under 64.0 percent of the time, while 66.7 percent of Wright State games have gone under. Looking at straight up (SU) and against the spread (ATS) records, the Raiders have a substantial advantage. They are 19-7 SU and 13-11 ATS, while the Panthers are 13-14 SU and 11-14 ATS.
Loudon Love has really been playing well over the last five games for Wright State, averaging 16.6 points and 10.0 rebounds per game.
These teams have already met once this season. The two teams combined for 127 points in that game, which was under the projected point total of 135. The Panthers won 66-61, but were unable to cover as 0-point underdogs. One of Milwaukee’s largest strengths was their ability to convert at the free throw line. They were 13-16 (81.3 percent), while the Raiders were just 7-9 (77.8 percent). Brock Stull recorded a double-double with 17 points and 11 rebounds.
Milwaukee Panthers vs. Wright State Raiders ATS Prediction
Basketball Pick: SU Winner – Wright State, ATS Winner – Wright State, O/U – Under
- Wright State is 5-6 ATS at home, while Milwaukee is 4-7 ATS on the road.
- In 11 road games, the Panthers have 6 overs and 5 unders.
- All 11 of the Raiders home games have gone under.
- Wright State ranks 43rd in blocks allowed per game (2.7) while Milwaukee ranks 155th (4.0).
- The Raiders rank 46th in steals per game (7.4) while the Panthers rank 152nd (5.7).
- Wright State is 3-2 ATS with 4 unders and 1 over in their last five games.
- Over their last five games, Milwaukee is 4-1 ATS with 5 unders.
- The Raiders average margin of victory in their last five games has been 14.4, up from 6.7 for the season.
- During their last five games, the Panthers have scored an average of 64.0 points per game (4.1 below their season average) and allowed an average of 57.6 points per game (11.1 below their season average).