The Green Bay Phoenix (7-13, 2-5 Hor), who are currently on a five-game skid, will try to get back in the win column when they welcome the Milwaukee Panthers (9-10, 2-4 Hor) to Resch Center. Milwaukee is a 2-point favorite on the opening line, while the games Over/Under (O/U) opened at 140 points. Tip-off is scheduled for 8 p.m. ET on Monday, January 15, 2018.
Milwaukee Panthers at Green Bay Phoenix Odds Preview
The Panthers fell to the UIC Flames in their last contest, 88-73. Milwaukee’s Bryce Nze had a solid performance, leading the team in scoring with 17 points on 8-for-12 shooting. UIC had an effective field goal percentage of 0.576 (above their season average of 0.483). Milwaukee, on the other hand, did a great job of making free throws (17-24; 70.8 percent).
The last time the Phoenix played, they were defeated by the IUPUI Jaguars, 67-61. With 14 points and eight rebounds, Green Bay’s Manny Patterson had a good outing. IUPUI had an offensive rebounding percentage of 38.6 (above their season average of 32.0). Green Bay, meanwhile, had a better turnover percentage (17.0 vs. 19.2).
Contrasting tempos will be on display in this meeting. Green Bay has preferred to play quickly (39th in possessions per game), while Milwaukee has been slower-paced (314th in possessions per game).
Of Milwaukee’s 17 games with betting action, 10 have finished under the projected point total, while 8 of Green Bay’s 15 games have finished over the projected point total. The Panthers have the significant advantage straight up (SU) (9-10 vs. 7-13) and a narrow edge against the spread (ATS) (6-11 vs. 6-8-1).
Jeremiah Bell has been playing at a high level over the last five games for Milwaukee, averaging 18.6 points and 1.4 steals per game.
This will be the first matchup of the year between these two teams, after the Phoenix won both contests last season. In the last matchup, Green Bay won 80-56. The Phoenix dominated every facet of the game. They had a turnover percentage of 12.6 and an effective field goal percentage of 0.517. For those same stats, the Panthers were 21.0 and 0.375, respectively.
Milwaukee Panthers vs. Green Bay Phoenix Free Prediction
Predictions: SU Winner – Green Bay, ATS Winner – Green Bay, O/U – Under
- The Panthers average 3.8 blocks per game, which ranks 81st in the NCAA. The Phoenix rank 156th in blocks allowed per game (4.9).
- Milwaukee is 3-6 ATS on the road with 5 overs and 4 unders.
- At home, Green Bay is 3-2 ATS with 4 unders and 1 over.
- Milwaukee ranks 50th in rebounds allowed per game (32.4) while Green Bay ranks 249th (39.5).
- The Phoenix rank 48th in steals per game (7.6) while the Panthers rank 152nd (5.7).
- Milwaukee ranks 123rd in three pointers attempted per game (22.3) while Green Bay ranks 209th in three pointers allowed per game (24.3).
- Green Bay is 0-4-1 ATS with 3 overs and 2 unders in their last five games.
- Over their last five games, Milwaukee is 1-4 ATS with 3 overs and 2 unders.
- The Phoenix have been outscored by an average of 6.6 points in their last five games. On the season, Green Bay has defeated opponents by an average of 1.0 point.
- During their last five games, the Panthers have scored an average of 72.2 points per game (3.9 above their season average) and allowed an average of 74.8 points per game (5.5 above their season average).