The Belmont Bruins (5-5) will be at home in Curb Event Center when they meet the Milwaukee Panthers (6-4). Tip-off is scheduled for 7:30 p.m. ET on Wednesday, December 13, 2017.
Milwaukee Panthers vs. Belmont Bruins Betting Preview
The Panthers lost big to the Western Illinois Leathernecks in their last matchup, 90-69. With 21 points on 6-for-16 shooting, Jeremiah Bell led Milwaukee in scoring. Western Illinois did an excellent job of converting from the charity stripe (12-17; 70.6 percent). Milwaukee, meanwhile, held the Leathernecks to an offensive rebounding percentage of 11.5 (below their season average of 26.8).
The last time the Bruins played, they were dismantled by the Lipscomb Bisons, 69-54. With 12 points, Belmont’s Dylan Windler put together a good outing. Lipscomb forced the Bruins into a turnover percentage of 25.9 (above their season average of 16.8). Belmont, meanwhile, did a fantastic job of converting from the charity stripe (12-16; 75.0 percent).
Second-chance opportunities could be few and far between for Belmont in this contest. The Bruins rank 334th in offensive rebounding percentage (22.2 percent), while Milwaukee ranks 10th in defensive rebounding percentage (78.5 percent).
In terms of the O/U total, these teams are complete opposites. Games featuring Milwaukee have gone under 62.5 percent of the time, while 62.5 percent of Belmont games have gone over. The Panthers have the clear advantage straight up (SU) (6-4 vs. 5-5), but both teams are right around the .500 mark against the spread (ATS).
This is the first time these teams will go head-to-head this year, after the Bruins won the only contest last season, 62-56. Belmont did a terrific job of converting from the charity stripe (7-9; 77.8 percent). Milwaukee, meanwhile, had a better offensive rebounding percentage (27.5 vs. 25.7).
Milwaukee Panthers at Belmont Bruins Odds Prediction
Predictions: SU Winner – Belmont, ATS Winner – Belmont, O/U – Over
- The Panthers average 6.2 steals per game, which ranks 124th in the nation. The Bruins rank 190th in steals allowed per game (7.6).
- Milwaukee is 2-2 ATS on the road, while Belmont is 1-2-1 ATS at home.
- The total has gone over in 3 of the Bruins 4 home games, while 2 of the Panthers 4 road games have gone over.
- Belmont ranks third in three pointers attempted per game (31.5) while Milwaukee ranks 124th (22.4).
- The Panthers rank 39th in rebounds allowed per game (31.8) while the Bruins rank 138th (35.1).
- Belmont ranks 31st in blocks allowed per game (2.6) while Milwaukee ranks 108th (3.4).
- Belmont is 2-1 ATS with 2 overs and 1 under in their last five games.
- Over their last five games, Milwaukee is 1-3 ATS with 2 overs and 2 unders.
- The Bruins have been outscored by an average of 4.8 points in their last five games. For the season, Belmont has defeated opponents by an average of 0.5 points.
- During their last five games, the Panthers have scored an average of 63.8 points per game (3.1 below their season average) and allowed an average of 68.6 points per game (2.3 above their season average).