Hor foes will collide when the UIC Flames (7-10, 2-2 Hor) take on the Milwaukee Panthers (9-9, 2-3 Hor) at UIC Pavilion. The games Over/Under (O/U) has been set at 133.5 points with UIC opening as a 3-point favorite. Tip-off is set for 8 p.m. ET on Friday, January 12, 2018.
Milwaukee Panthers at UIC Flames Betting Preview
The Panthers lost a close one to the IUPUI Jaguars in their last game, 72-71. Jeremiah Bell had a good performance for Milwaukee, leading the team in scoring with 21 points on 8-for-17 shooting. IUPUI had a much better turnover percentage (14.2 vs. 19.3). Milwaukee, meanwhile, had an offensive rebounding percentage of 34.5 (above their season average of 24.2).
In the Flames last game, they defeated the Green Bay Phoenix, 84-73. With 23 points on 10-for-12 shooting, Dikembe Dixson was UIC’s high scorer. The Flames, who came into the game averaging an effective field goal percentage of 0.473, had an absurd mark of 0.655, while the Phoenix had a free throw rate of 0.182 (below their season average of 0.259).
When looking at effective field goal percentage, UIC figures to have a significant edge. The Flames defense ranks 31st in effective field goal percentage allowed (0.461), while the Milwaukee offense is ranked 164th in effective field goal percentage (0.519).
Bell has really been playing well over the last five games for Milwaukee, averaging 17.2 points and 1.6 steals per game.
This will be the first matchup of the year between these two teams, after the Flames won two out of three matchups last season. In the last contest, Milwaukee won 74-68. The Panthers played a nearly flawless game. They had a turnover percentage of 10.9 and an effective field goal percentage of 0.534. The Flames recorded marks of 16.5 and 0.510, respectively, for those same stats.
Milwaukee Panthers at UIC Flames ATS Prediction
Predictions: SU Winner – UIC, ATS Winner – UIC, O/U – Under
- The Panthers rank 170th in assists per game (12.8) while the Flames rank 227th (11.0).
- Milwaukee ranks 146th in steals per game (5.7) while UIC ranks 150th in steals allowed per game (7.4).
- Milwaukee ranks 44th in rebounds allowed per game (32.1) while UIC ranks 178th (36.3).
- The Panthers rank 134th in three pointers attempted per game (22.3) while the Flames rank 240th (18.3).
- UIC averages 6.9 blocks per game, which ranks fourth in the nation. Milwaukee ranks 107th in blocks allowed per game (3.8).
- The Flames have outscored opponents by an average of 3.2 points in their last five games. On the season, UIC has lost by an average of 0.4 points.
- During their last five games, the Panthers have scored an average of 71.2 points per game (3.2 above their season average) and allowed an average of 72.4 points per game (4.1 above their season average).