Hor foes will collide when the Cleveland State Vikings (4-11, 1-1 Hor) go head-to-head with the Milwaukee Panthers (8-8, 1-2 Hor) at Wolstein Center. Action gets underway at 3:30 p.m. ET on Saturday, January 6, 2018.
Milwaukee Panthers vs. Cleveland State Vikings Free Preview
The last time the Panthers played, they were beaten by the Youngstown State Penguins, 72-63. Milwaukee’s Jeremiah Bell had a good performance, leading the team in scoring with 24 points on 9-for-17 shooting. Youngstown State had a turnover percentage of 13.6 (better than their season average of 17.5). Milwaukee, meanwhile, held the Penguins to an offensive rebounding percentage of 19.4 (below their season average of 35.3).
The Vikings will look to maintain momentum after just getting past the Green Bay Phoenix in their last game, 80-79. Cleveland State’s Bobby Word played a key role with 14 points and 10 rebounds. The Vikings had a phenomenally low turnover percentage of 7.1 (better than their season average of 17.6) and had a free throw rate of 0.279 (above their season average of 0.165).
It could be a tough game for Cleveland State on the offensive glass. The Vikings currently rank 329th in offensive rebounding percentage (22.5 percent), while Milwaukee ranks sixth in defensive rebounding percentage (78.3 percent).
This is the first time these teams will meet this year. Each won one of the two games played against each other last season. In the last game, the Panthers won 63-62. Milwaukee had a much better effective field goal percentage (0.602 vs. 0.460). Cleveland State, on the other hand, had a much better offensive rebounding percentage (37.8 vs. 17.4).
Milwaukee Panthers at Cleveland State Vikings ATS Prediction
Predictions: SU Winner – Cleveland State, ATS Winner – Cleveland State, O/U – Under
- The Panthers average 12.8 assists per game, which ranks 185th in the nation. The Vikings rank 208th in assists allowed per game (15.6).
- Milwaukee averages 3.8 blocks per game, which ranks 88th in the nation. Cleveland State ranks 94th in blocks allowed per game (3.5).
- Milwaukee ranks 61st in rebounds allowed per game (32.8) while Cleveland State ranks 241st (39.6).
- The Panthers average 22.5 three pointers per game, which ranks 131st in the nation. The Vikings rank 215th in three pointers allowed per game (24.7).
- Cleveland State is 23rd in the NCAA with 4.9 steals allowed per game while Milwaukee is 56th with 5.7 steals allowed per game.
- The Vikings average margin of defeat in their last five games has been 17.2, up from 6.3 for the season.
- During their last five games, the Panthers have scored an average of 70.8 points per game (2.9 above their season average) and allowed an average of 69.8 points per game (1.4 above their season average).