The Washington Wizards (25-18) will be at home in Capital One Arena when they clash against the Milwaukee Bucks (22-20). The games Over/Under (O/U) has been set at 214 points with Washington opening as a 5-point favorite. Tip-off is scheduled for 2 p.m. ET on Monday, January 15, 2018, and it can be seen on Fox Sports Net Wisconsin.
Milwaukee Bucks vs. Washington Wizards Betting Preview
The Bucks got blown out by the Miami Heat in their last contest, 97-79. With 22 points on 6-for-12 shooting, Giannis Antetokounmpo was Milwaukee’s high scorer. Miami held the Bucks to an effective field goal percentage of 0.342 (below their season average of 0.538). Milwaukee, on the other hand, held the Heat to an offensive rebounding percentage of 8.6 (below their season average of 20.3).
In the Wizards last game, they beat the Brooklyn Nets, 119-113. Washington rallied around John Wall, who recorded 23 points and 16 assists. The Wizards had an effective field goal percentage of 0.548 (above their season average of 0.521), while the Nets had a free throw rate of 0.172 (below their season average of 0.209).
The physical Milwaukee offense could be living from the free throw line in this matchup. The Bucks currently rank sixth in the league with a free throw attempt (FTA) rate of 0.222, while Washington ranks 23rd in FTA rate allowed (0.212).
These two teams are complete opposites in terms of the O/U total. Games including Milwaukee have finished over 58.5 percent of the time, while 55.8 percent of Washington games have finished under. The Wizards have the substantial advantage straight up (SU) (25-18 vs. 22-20), but both teams have similar against the spread (ATS) records. Washington is 19-24, while Milwaukee is 18-18-5 ATS.
Both teams have had a player heat up over their last five games. For the Bucks, it’s been Malcolm Brogdon, who has averaged 14.4 points, 5.4 rebounds and 3.6 assists, while the Wizards have gotten solid contributions from Wall (26.2 points, 10.8 assists, 2.0 steals and 1.4 blocks).
These two teams have already met twice this season, each winning once. In the most recent contest, Antetokounmpo scored a game-high 34 points and the Bucks, who were 3.5-point underdogs, beat the Wizards 110-103. He also recorded 12 rebounds and seven assists. The two teams combined to put up 213 points, hitting the projected point total. The Bucks dominated nearly every stat category in the game. They had an offensive rebounding percentage of 25.0 and a great free throw rate of 0.313. The Wizards were 10.3 and 0.269, respectively, for those same stats.
Milwaukee Bucks vs. Washington Wizards Free Prediction
Predictions: SU Winner – Wizards, ATS Winner – Wizards, O/U – Under
- The Bucks rank first in fast break points allowed per game (8.1) while the Wizards rank 12th (11.0).
- Washington averages 23.1 assists per game, which ranks 10th in the league. Milwaukee ranks 14th in assists allowed per game (22.5).
- Milwaukee averages 47.6 points in the paint per game, which ranks seventh in the league. Washington ranks 17th in points allowed in the paint per game (45.2).
- Milwaukee is 10-7-2 ATS on the road, while Washington is 8-15 ATS at home.
- In 19 road games, the Bucks have 12 overs, 6 unders and 1 push.
- The Wizards have 12 overs, 9 unders and 2 pushes in 23 home games.
- When allowing less than 100 points, Washington is 13-1 and Milwaukee is 8-3.
- The Wizards are 22-9 when they reach the century mark, while the Bucks are 18-11.
- The Bucks rank third in blocks allowed per game (3.9) while the Wizards rank 11th (4.6).
- Washington ranks 11th in second chance points per game (12.7) while Milwaukee ranks 28th (9.7).
- The Bucks rank fifth in three pointers allowed per game (26.3) while the Wizards rank 20th (29.5).
- The Bucks rank ninth in points off turnovers per game (17.4) while the Wizards rank 10th in points off turnovers allowed per game (15.3).
- Washington ranks 16th in rebounds per game (43.3) while Milwaukee ranks 29th (38.5).
- Washington is 0-5 ATS with 3 overs, 1 under and 1 push in their last five games.
- Over their last five games, Milwaukee is 1-4 ATS with 3 unders, 1 over and 1 push.
- The Wizards average margin of victory in their last five games has been 0.8, down from 2.5 for the season.
- During their last five games, the Bucks have scored an average of 97.8 points per game (7.2 below their season average) and allowed an average of 104.0 points per game (2.1 below their season average).