The Washington Wizards (23-16) will try to continue a five-game home winning streak when they clash with the Milwaukee Bucks (20-17) at Capital One Arena. Washington is a 4.5-point favorite on the opening line, while the games Over/Under (O/U) opened at 214.5 points. Action gets underway at 8 p.m. ET on Saturday, January 6, 2018, and it can be seen on Fox Sports Net Wisconsin.
Milwaukee Bucks at Washington Wizards Odds Preview
In the Bucks last contest, they got blown out by the Toronto Raptors, 129-110. With 24 points on 9-for-14 shooting, Giannis Antetokounmpo was the games high scorer. Toronto had an offensive rebounding percentage of 34.3 (above their season average of 22.7). Milwaukee, on the other hand, did a terrific job of getting to and converting from the free throw line (21-29; 72.4 percent).
The Wizards hope to keep it rolling after narrowly defeating the Memphis Grizzlies in their last game, 102-100. With 34 points on 9-for-18 shooting, Bradley Beal was the games high scorer. Washington dominated nearly every stat category in the game. They had a great free throw rate of 0.310 (above their season average of 0.201) and a turnover percentage of 11.6 (better than their season average of 12.0). Memphis put up marks of 0.233 and 14.1, respectively, for those same stats.
The aggressive Milwaukee offense looks poised to dominate from the charity stripe. The Bucks currently rank eighth in the league with a free throw attempt (FTA) rate of 0.219, while Washington ranks 23rd in FTA rate allowed (0.211).
These two teams are complete opposites in terms of the O/U total. Milwaukee games have finished over 63.9 percent of the time, while 60.5 percent of games including Washington have gone under. Both teams have respectable straight up (SU) records (20-17 for Milwaukee; 23-16 for Washington), but the Wizards hold a slight advantage against the spread (ATS). Washington is 19-19 ATS, while the Bucks are 17-14-5.
Beal has been playing at a high level over the last five games for Washington, averaging 26.4 points, 5.8 rebounds, 4.2 assists and 1.8 steals per game.
These teams have already met once this season. In that game, the two teams combined for 187 points, well under the projected point total of 207.5. The Wizards won 99-88, covering as 4-point underdogs. Washington had a much better offensive rebounding percentage (22.9 vs. 13.6). Milwaukee, meanwhile, had a much better turnover percentage (9.3 vs. 16.4). Antetokounmpo scored a game-high 23 points.
Milwaukee Bucks at Washington Wizards Betting Prediction
Predictions: SU Winner – Bucks, ATS Winner – Bucks, O/U – Over
- The Bucks rank second in blocks allowed per game (3.7) while the Wizards rank 15th (4.7).
- Milwaukee ranks second in points off turnovers allowed per game (14.5) while Washington ranks sixth (14.9).
- Milwaukee ranks first in fast break points allowed per game (7.3) while Washington ranks 11th (10.4).
- Milwaukee ranks eighth in assists per game (23.1) while Washington ranks ninth in assists allowed per game (21.5).
- Milwaukee is 9-6-2 ATS on the road, while Washington is 8-11 ATS at home.
- In 17 road games, the Bucks have 12 overs and 5 unders.
- The Wizards have 9 overs, 9 unders and 1 push in 19 home games.
- When holding opponents under 100 points, Washington is 13-1 and Milwaukee is 8-2.
- The Wizards are 20-7 when they score over 100 points, while the Bucks are 16-11.
- The Wizards rank 21st in three pointers attempted per game (26.5) while the Bucks rank 26th (24.5).
- Washington ranks 12th in second chance points per game (12.9) while Milwaukee ranks 29th (9.6).
- The Bucks rank fifth in points in the paint per game (47.7) while the Wizards rank 21st (42.1).
- The Wizards allow the third-fewest steals per game (6.8) while the Bucks rank fifth (6.9).
- Washington ranks 15th in rebounds per game (43.5) while Milwaukee ranks last (38.4).
- Washington is 3-2 ATS with 3 overs, 1 under and 1 push in their last five games.
- Over their last five games, Milwaukee is 4-1 ATS with 3 overs and 2 unders.
- The Wizards average margin of victory in their last five games has been 5.6, up from 2.7 for the season.
- During their last five games, the Bucks have scored an average of 111.6 points per game (5.6 above their season average) and allowed an average of 110.4 points per game (4.0 above their season average).