The Utah Jazz (8-11) will be at home in Vivint Smart Home Arena when they clash against the Milwaukee Bucks (9-8). The games Over/Under (O/U) opened at 199.5 points with Milwaukee set as a 1.5-point favorite. Tip-off is scheduled for 9 p.m. ET on Saturday, November 25, 2017.
Milwaukee Bucks vs. Utah Jazz Odds Preview
The last time the Bucks played, they beat the Phoenix Suns, 113-107. Khris Middleton was the games high scorer with 40 points on 14-for-26 shooting. The Bucks forced 29 turnovers and held the Suns to an effective field goal percentage of 0.435 (below their season average of 0.492).
The Jazz come in on a high note after dismantling the Chicago Bulls in their last matchup, 110-80. With 23 points on 8-for-11 shooting, Derrick Favors was the games leading scorer. Utah dominated nearly every facet of the game. They had an extraordinarily low turnover percentage of 6.9 (better than their season average of 14.7) and an effective field goal percentage of 0.547 (above their season average of 0.499). For those same stats, Chicago recorded marks of 15.6 and 0.404, respectively.
Half-court execution will be at a premium when a pair of the leagues slowest-paced teams face off. Utah currently ranks 25th in possessions per game (98.4) and Milwaukee is 28th (97.3).
Of Milwaukee’s 17 games, nine have finished under the projected point total, while 10 of Utah’s 19 games have finished under the projected point total. The Bucks have the better straight up (SU) record (9-8 vs. 8-11), but the Jazz hold the significant advantage against the spread (ATS) (9-10 vs. 7-8-2).
Rodney Hood has taken his game to another level over the last five games for Utah, averaging 21.4 points per game.
This is the first time these teams will go head-to-head this year, after the Jazz won both contests last season. In the last contest, Utah won 109-95. The Jazz dominated every stat category in the game. They had a solid effective field goal percentage of 0.554 and an extraordinary free throw rate of 0.365. For those same stats, the Bucks had marks of 0.480 and 0.324, respectively.
Milwaukee Bucks at Utah Jazz ATS Prediction
Predictions: SU Winner – Jazz, ATS Winner – Jazz, O/U – Under
- The Bucks rank 12th in fast break points per game (11.4) while the Jazz rank 26th (8.1).
- Utah is 25th in the NBA with 10.2 second chance points per game while Milwaukee is last with 8.0 second chance points per game.
- Utah ranks third in points off turnovers per game (19.5) while Milwaukee ranks 12th (18.1).
- Utah ranks 27th in rebounds per game (40.7) while Milwaukee ranks last (38.6).
- Utah is 7-4 ATS at home, while Milwaukee is 4-3-1 ATS on the road.
- The Bucks have 5 overs and 3 unders in 8 road games.
- In 11 home games, the Jazz have 7 unders and 4 overs.
- Milwaukee is 4-2 when they hold opponents under 100 points, while Utah is 6-2.
- When scoring over 100 points, the Bucks are 6-2 and the Jazz are 6-4.
- The Jazz rank fourth in three pointers allowed per game (26.2) while the Bucks rank 10th (27.2).
- Milwaukee ranks 10th in points in the paint per game (45.9) while Utah ranks 26th (38.4).
- The Bucks rank 10th in assists per game (22.8) while the Jazz rank 25th (20.3).
- The Bucks rank third in blocks allowed per game (3.9) while the Jazz rank seventh (4.5).
- Milwaukee ranks fourth in steals allowed per game (7.2) while Utah ranks 18th (8.3).
- Utah is 2-3 ATS with 3 overs and 2 unders in their last five games.
- Over their last five games, Milwaukee is 2-3 ATS with 3 unders and 2 overs.
- The Jazz’s average margin of victory in their last five games has been 6.6, up from 0.3 for the season.
- During their last five games, the Bucks have scored an average of 97.8 points per game (4.3 below their season average) and allowed an average of 103.0 points per game (1.6 below their season average).