The Milwaukee Bucks (4-6) and the San Antonio Spurs (7-4), who both like to play patient, will clash at AT&T Center. The game’s Over/Under (O/U) has been set at 206.5 points with San Antonio opening as a 4.5-point favorite. Action begins at 9 p.m. ET on Friday, November 10, 2017, and it can be seen on ESPN.
Milwaukee Bucks vs. San Antonio Spurs ATS Preview
The Bucks fell to the Cleveland Cavaliers in their last game, 124-119. Milwaukee’s Giannis Antetokounmpo had a good performance, leading both teams in scoring with 40 points on 16-for-21 shooting. Cleveland did a fantastic job of converting from the charity stripe (33-38; 86.8 percent). Milwaukee, on the other hand, made 13 of their 30 three pointers (43.3 percent).
In the Spurs’ last matchup, they beat the Los Angeles Clippers, 120-107. San Antonio rallied around LaMarcus Aldridge, who was the game’s high scorer with 25 points on 10-for-19 shooting. San Antonio dominated every stat category in the game. They had a turnover percentage of 12.3 (better than their season average of 12.5) and a free throw rate of 0.179 (matching their season average). Los Angeles recorded marks of 16.0 and 0.146, respectively, for those same stats.
Half-court execution will be at a premium when a pair of the NBA’s slowest-paced teams face off. San Antonio currently ranks 26th in possessions per game (98.1) and Milwaukee is 27th (97.9). Also, the upper-echelon offense of the Bucks ranks second in effective field goal percentage (0.558), while the Spurs are ninth-worst in the NBA at effective field goal percentage allowed (0.525).
Of Milwaukee’s 10 games, six have finished over the projected point total, while 6 of San Antonio’s 11 games have finished under the projected point total. The Spurs hold a substantial advantage in both straight up (SU) and against the spread (ATS) records. They are 7-4 SU and 6-4-1 ATS, while the Bucks are 4-6 SU and 3-5-2 ATS.
Pau Gasol has really been playing well over the last five games for San Antonio, averaging 10.2 points, 8.0 rebounds, 4.2 assists and 2.0 blocks per game.
This will be the first matchup of the year between these two teams. Each won one of the two games played against each other last season. In the most recent matchup, the Bucks won 109-107. The Bucks played a nearly perfect game. They had a turnover percentage of 11.8 and a solid effective field goal percentage of 0.583. For those same stats, the Spurs had marks of 12.9 and 0.545, respectively.
Milwaukee Bucks vs. San Antonio Spurs Odds Prediction
Predictions: SU Winner – Spurs, ATS Winner – Bucks, O/U – Over
- The Spurs rank second in blocks per game (6.3) while the Bucks rank 14th (4.5).
- Milwaukee ranks fourth in assists per game (24.9) while San Antonio ranks 10th (22.7).
- Milwaukee ranks fifth in points allowed in the paint per game (40.4) while San Antonio ranks 17th (43.1).
- On the road, Milwaukee is 2-2-1 ATS with 4 overs and 1 under.
- At home, San Antonio is 5-1 ATS with 3 overs and 3 unders.
- San Antonio is 4-1 when they allow below 100 points, while Milwaukee is 1-1.
- In games where they reach 100 points, the Bucks are 4-2 and the Spurs are 6-0.
- The Bucks rank 20th in three pointers attempted per game (27.2) while the Spurs rank 28th (22.6).
- San Antonio ranks fourth in second chance points per game (15.2) while Milwaukee ranks 29th (7.1).
- The Spurs rank eighth in rebounds per game (46.1) while the Bucks rank 28th (37.5).
- Milwaukee ranks first in fast break points allowed per game (5.1) while San Antonio ranks 18th (11.5).
- San Antonio is 3-2 ATS with 3 overs and 2 unders in their last five games.
- Over their last five games, Milwaukee is 1-3-1 ATS with 3 overs and 2 unders.
- The Spurs’ average margin of victory in their last five games has been 0.6, down from 1.1 for the season.
- During their last five games, the Bucks have scored an average of 108.8 points per game (3.4 above their season average) and allowed an average of 114.2 points per game (5.5 above their season average).