The Phoenix Suns (7-11) will be at home in Talking Stick Resort Arena when they meet the Milwaukee Bucks (8-8). The Over/Under (O/U) for the game opened at 221 points with Milwaukee set as a 5.5-point favorite. Tip-off is scheduled for 9 p.m. ET on Wednesday, November 22, 2017, and it can be seen on Fox Sports Net Wisconsin.
Milwaukee Bucks vs. Phoenix Suns Odds Preview
The Bucks fell to the Washington Wizards in their last matchup, 99-88. Giannis Antetokounmpo put together a solid game for Milwaukee, leading both teams in scoring with 23 points on 8-for-21 shooting. Washington had a much better offensive rebounding percentage (22.9 vs. 13.6). Milwaukee, on the other hand, forced the Wizards into a turnover percentage of 16.4 (above their season average of 13.1).
In the Suns last game, they defeated the Chicago Bulls, 113-105. With 27 points on 13-for-20 shooting, T.J. Warren was the top scorer from either team. The Suns made 16 of their 22 free throws (72.7 percent) and had an effective field goal percentage of 0.545 (above their season average of 0.489).
It will be a matchup of opposite styles as the fast-paced Suns will look to push the more grind-it-out Bucks. The Suns rank third in possessions per game while the Bucks are 30th.
These two teams are complete opposites in terms of the O/U total. Milwaukee games have finished under 56.3 percent of the time, while games featuring Phoenix have gone over 61.1 percent of the time. The Bucks hold the clear advantage straight up (SU) (8-8 vs. 7-11), but the Suns have been better against the spread (ATS) (8-10 vs. 6-8-2).
Warren has been playing at a high level over the last five games for Phoenix, averaging 21.0 points per game.
This is the first time these teams will go head-to-head this year, after the Bucks won both meetings last season. In the last game, Milwaukee won 100-96. Converting at the free throw line was one of Milwaukees biggest advantages. They were 16-18 (88.9 percent), while the Suns were just 11-16 (68.8 percent).
Milwaukee Bucks at Phoenix Suns Free Prediction
Predictions: SU Winner – Bucks, ATS Winner – Suns, O/U – Under
- The Suns rank ninth in second chance points per game (13.1) while the Bucks rank 29th (7.4).
- Milwaukee ranks fourth in points off turnovers allowed per game (14.5) while Phoenix ranks 20th (18.8).
- Milwaukee ranks eighth in assists per game (23.1) while Phoenix ranks 26th (19.8).
- Phoenix is 4-7 ATS at home, while Milwaukee is 3-3-1 ATS on the road.
- The total has gone over in 4 of the Bucks 7 road games, while 6 of the Suns 11 home games have gone over.
- Milwaukee is 4-2 when they hold opponents under 100 points, while Phoenix is 1-1.
- In games where they reach the century mark, the Suns are 6-6 and the Bucks are 5-2.
- The Bucks rank second in blocks allowed per game (3.6) while the Suns rank 18th (5.2).
- Milwaukee ranks first in fast break points allowed per game (5.9) while Phoenix ranks 29th (14.9).
- The Suns rank sixth in rebounds per game (46.3) while the Bucks rank 29th (38.4).
- The Bucks rank fourth in steals allowed per game (7.2) while the Suns rank 17th (8.2).
- Milwaukee ranks fifth in points allowed in the paint per game (40.0) while Phoenix ranks 27th (49.4).
- Phoenix is 3-2 ATS with 3 overs and 2 unders in their last five games.
- Over their last five games, Milwaukee is 2-3 ATS with 4 unders and 1 over.
- The Suns average margin of defeat in their last five games has been 1.6, down from 8.1 for the season.
- During their last five games, the Bucks have scored an average of 94.8 points per game (6.6 below their season average) and allowed an average of 99.6 points per game (4.9 below their season average).