The Orlando Magic (20-48) welcome the Milwaukee Bucks (36-31) to Amway Center. The Magic will attempt to snap their five-game losing streak. The game starts at 7 p.m. ET on Wednesday, March 14, 2018, and will air on Fox SportsNet Florida.
Milwaukee Bucks vs. Orlando Magic ATS Odds
In their last contest, the Magic were blown out by the San Antonio Spurs, 108-72, while the Bucks had no trouble getting past the Memphis Grizzlies, 121-103.
Milwaukee played a nearly flawless game. They had a free throw rate of 0.185 (below their season average of 0.229) and an offensive rebounding percentage of 34.4 (above their season average of 20.0). Memphis had marks of 0.112 and 21.7, respectively, for those same stats. Orlando, meanwhile, had a better offensive rebounding percentage (19.6 vs. 25.6). Orlando’s Nikola Vucevic played well, finishing with 10 points and 10 rebounds. Meanwhile, Milwaukee was led by Brandon Jennings, who had 16 points, 12 assists and eight rebounds.
This has potential to be an error-filled game for the offense of Orlando. Orlando ranks 21st in the NBA in ball protection (turnover percentage of 14.2 percent), while the disruptive defense of Milwaukee forces the sixth-most turnovers in the league (14.8 percent).
Bucks games have gone over the total 49.3 percent of the time. Milwaukee holds records of 36-31 straight up (SU) and 28-34-5 against the spread (ATS).
Vegas is known to set the total high when the Magic are involved, as 56.7 percent of their games have ended under the projected point total. Further, Orlando owns records of 20-48 SU and 31-34-2 ATS.
In their two matchups this year, the Bucks have won both. In their most recent game, the two teams combined to score 215 points, which was over the projected point total of 208.5. Milwaukee won 111-104, covering as a 4.5-point favorite. Milwaukee had a better effective field goal percentage (0.579 vs. 0.494). Orlando, on the other hand, did an excellent job of converting from the charity stripe (22-26; 84.6 percent). In the victory, Giannis Antetokounmpo led all scorers with 32 points.
Milwaukee Bucks at Orlando Magic ATS Pick
Free NBA Tip: SU Winner – Bucks, ATS Winner – Bucks, O/U – Under
- The Bucks rank 15th in assists allowed per game (23.1) while the Magic rank 25th (24.5).
- Milwaukee ranks 11th in points in the paint per game (45.7) while Orlando ranks 29th in points allowed in the paint per game (49.1).
- The Bucks rank fifth in blocks allowed per game (4.3) while the Magic rank 18th (5.0).
- Milwaukee averages 17.6 points off turnovers per game, which ranks seventh in the NBA. Orlando ranks 20th in points off turnovers allowed per game (17.5).
- Milwaukee ranks sixth in steals per game (8.5) while Orlando ranks 17th in steals allowed per game (7.9).
- The Bucks rank seventh in rebounds allowed per game (42.0) while the Magic rank 25th (45.4).
- The Magic rank 14th in three pointers attempted per game (29.1) while the Bucks rank 26th (24.5).
- Orlando ranks 26th in second chance points per game (10.6) while Milwaukee ranks 28th (10.4).
- Milwaukee ranks second in fast break points allowed per game (9.4) while Orlando ranks 19th (12.4).
- When allowing under 100 points, Orlando is 9-5 and Milwaukee is 16-5.
- When reaching 100 points, the Bucks are 30-15 and the Magic are 20-28.
- Milwaukee is 17-13-2 ATS on the road, while Orlando is 12-18-1 ATS at home.
- The total has gone under in 19 of the Magic’s 31 home games, while 16 of the Bucks’ 32 road games have gone over.
- In their last five games, Milwaukee and Orlando are both 2-3 ATS.
- The Bucks have 3 overs and 2 unders over their last five games, while the Magic have 4 unders and 1 over
- During their last five games, the Bucks have scored an average of 109.4 points per game (4.3 above their season average) and allowed an average of 105.4 points per game (0.1 above their season average).
- The Magic’s average margin of defeat in their last five games has been 13.0, up from 4.8 for the season.