The Orlando Magic (18-36) will be at home in Amway Center when they challenge the Milwaukee Bucks (30-24). Milwaukee is a 5-point favorite on the opening line, while the games Over/Under (O/U) opened at 207 points. Action gets underway at 7 p.m. ET on Saturday, February 10, 2018, and it can be seen on Fox SportsNet Florida.
Milwaukee Bucks at Orlando Magic ATS Preview
In the Bucks last game, they were beaten by the Miami Heat, 91-85. Giannis Antetokounmpo put together a good performance for Milwaukee, leading both teams in scoring with 23 points on 8-for-21 shooting. Miami had an offensive rebounding percentage of 27.1 (above their season average of 20.9). Milwaukee, on the other hand, held the Heat to an effective field goal percentage of 0.420 (below their season average of 0.519).
The Magic will look to keep it rolling after narrowly defeating the Atlanta Hawks in their last contest, 100-98. Orlando received a boost from D.J. Augustin, who contributed 18 points and nine assists. The Magic made 19 of their 22 free throws (86.4 percent), while the Hawks had a turnover percentage of 15.2 (above the 12.2 mark opponents have averaged against Orlando this season).
It will be a matchup of opposite styles as the up-and-down Magic (ranked ninth in the NBA in possessions per game) will look to push the slower-paced Bucks (27th in possessions per game).
Of Milwaukee’s 53 games with betting action, 26 have finished over the projected point total, while 30 of Orlando’s 54 games have finished under the projected point total. The Bucks have the superior straight up (SU) record (30-24 vs. 18-36), but both teams have similar against the spread (ATS) records. Milwaukee is 24-24-5 ATS, while Orlando is 25-28-1 ATS.
Mario Hezonja has been playing at a high level over the last five games for Orlando, averaging 15.2 points per game.
These teams have already met once this season. In that game, the two teams combined for 213 points, which was under the projected point total of 218.5. The Bucks won 110-103, but were unable to cover as 11-point favorites. The Bucks dominated nearly every facet of the game. They had a superb offensive rebounding percentage of 29.7 and a solid effective field goal percentage of 0.573. The Magic were 18.2 and 0.478, respectively, for those same stats. In the victory, Antetokounmpo led all scorers with 26 points.
Milwaukee Bucks vs. Orlando Magic Betting Prediction
Prediction: SU Winner – Bucks, ATS Winner – Magic, O/U – Under
- The Bucks rank fifth in steals per game (8.5) while the Magic rank 19th (7.4).
- Orlando ranks 15th in three pointers attempted per game (29.1) while Milwaukee ranks 27th (24.5).
- Milwaukee ranks third in blocks allowed per game (4.0) while Orlando ranks 17th (5.0).
- Orlando ranks 23rd in second chance points per game (10.8) while Milwaukee ranks 28th (10.2).
- Orlando is 10-15 ATS at home, while Milwaukee is 14-10-2 ATS on the road.
- The total has gone under in 16 of the Magic’s 25 home games, while 13 of the Bucks 26 road games have gone over.
- In games where they hold opponents below 100 points, Milwaukee is 15-4 and Orlando is 9-3.
- The Bucks are 25-12 when they reach the century mark, while the Magic are 18-19.
- The Bucks average 17.7 points off turnovers per game, which ranks eighth in the league. The Magic rank 22nd in points off turnovers allowed per game (17.2).
- Milwaukee ranks 10th in points in the paint per game (45.4) while Orlando ranks 29th in points allowed in the paint per game (49.6).
- The Bucks rank 10th in rebounds allowed per game (42.1) while the Magic rank 28th (45.4).
- The Bucks average 22.3 assists per game, which ranks 16th in the NBA. The Magic rank 24th in assists allowed per game (24.2).
- Milwaukee ranks first in fast break points allowed per game (8.1) while Orlando ranks 18th (12.1).
- Orlando is 4-1 ATS with 3 unders and 2 overs in their last five games.
- Over their last five games, Milwaukee is 3-2 ATS with 5 unders.
- The Magic have outscored opponents by an average of 5.4 points in their last five games. For the season, Orlando has been defeated by an average of 4.2 points.
- During their last five games, the Bucks have scored an average of 95.6 points per game (8.7 below their season average) and allowed an average of 94.4 points per game (9.9 below their season average).