The New York Knicks (23-31) will be at home in Madison Square Garden when they meet the Milwaukee Bucks (29-23). Tip-off is set for 7:30 p.m. ET on Tuesday, February 6, 2018, and it can be seen on MSG Network.
Milwaukee Bucks at New York Knicks Odds Preview
The last time the Bucks played, they defeated the Brooklyn Nets, 109-94. With 19 points and 18 rebounds, Milwaukee’s John Henson put together a solid game. Milwaukee played a nearly perfect game. They had a free throw rate of 0.210 (below their season average of 0.227) and an offensive rebounding percentage of 35.9 (above their season average of 19.1). Brooklyn recorded marks of 0.122 and 21.6, respectively, for those same stats.
The Knicks are trying to rebound after their 99-96 loss to the Atlanta Hawks in their last matchup. Kristaps Porzingis was the games high scorer with 22 points on 9-for-20 shooting. Atlanta did a terrific job of converting from the charity stripe (14-19; 73.7 percent). New York, on the other hand, had an offensive rebounding percentage of 34.0 (above their season average of 24.7).
It could be a mistake-prone game for the New York offense. New York ranks 24th in the NBA in ball protection (turnover percentage of 14.9 percent), while the pesky defense of Milwaukee forces the fifth-most turnovers in the league (15.0 percent). Additionally, the Bucks are among the leagues elite at getting to the line, ranking third in free throw attempt (FTA) rate (0.227). The Knicks, meanhwile, rank 21st at keeping opponents off the charity stripe with an opponents FTA rate of 0.202.
Of Milwaukee’s 52 games, 26 have finished over the projected point total, while 27 of New York’s 54 games have finished over the projected point total. The Bucks have the superior straight up (SU) record (29-23 vs. 23-31), but the Knicks hold the substantial advantage against the spread (ATS) (28-26 vs. 23-24-5).
Enes Kanter has taken his game to another level over the last five games for New York, averaging 18.8 points and 14.4 rebounds per game.
These teams have already met once this season. In that game, the two teams combined for 182 points, well under the projected point total of 209. The Bucks won 92-90, but were unable to cover as 5-point favorites. The Bucks played a nearly perfect game. They had a great free throw rate of 0.250 and a turnover percentage of 11.2. For those same stats, the Knicks put up marks of 0.146 and 15.7, respectively. Giannis Antetokounmpo recorded a double-double with 29 points and 11 rebounds.
Milwaukee Bucks at New York Knicks Prediction
Free Prediction: SU Winner – Bucks, ATS Winner – Bucks, O/U – Under
- The Bucks rank ninth in fast break points per game (13.5) while the Knicks rank 29th (7.4).
- Milwaukee averages 17.4 points off turnovers per game, which ranks eighth in the league. New York ranks 23rd in points off turnovers allowed per game (17.7).
- New York ranks 10th in rebounds per game (44.4) while Milwaukee ranks last (39.0).
- New York averages 23.0 assists per game, which ranks 11th in the league. Milwaukee ranks 16th in assists allowed per game (23.0).
- On the road, Milwaukee is 13-10-2 ATS with 13 overs, 11 unders and 1 push.
- New York is 16-10 ATS at home with 14 unders and 12 overs.
- When holding opponents under 100 points, Milwaukee is 14-3 and New York is 11-3.
- In games where they reach the century mark, the Knicks are 22-16 and the Bucks are 24-12.
- The Knicks rank fourth in points allowed in the paint per game (41.7) while the Bucks rank 20th (45.7).
- Milwaukee ranks fourth in three pointers allowed per game (26.3) while New York ranks 26th (31.0).
- The Knicks rank sixth in second chance points per game (13.6) while the Bucks rank 28th (10.2).
- The Bucks rank third in blocks allowed per game (3.9) while the Knicks rank 11th (4.6).
- Milwaukee ranks fifth in steals per game (8.4) while New York ranks 26th (6.8).
- New York is 3-2 ATS with 5 unders in their last five games.
- Over their last five games, Milwaukee is 3-2 ATS with 5 unders.
- The Knicks have outscored opponents by an average of 0.6 points in their last five games. For the season, New York has lost by an average of 1.4 points.
- During their last five games, the Bucks have scored an average of 101.4 points per game (3.3 below their season average) and allowed an average of 96.6 points per game (8.3 below their season average).