The Minnesota Timberwolves (32-22) can lengthen a 10-game home winning streak when they go head-to-head against the Milwaukee Bucks (27-22) at Target Center. Tip-off is set for 8 p.m. ET on Thursday, February 1, 2018, and it can be seen on Fox Sports Net Wisconsin.
Milwaukee Bucks at Minnesota Timberwolves Odds Preview
In the Bucks’ last matchup, they beat the Philadelphia 76ers, 107-95. Giannis Antetokounmpo was the game’s high scorer with 31 points on 10-for-22 shooting. The Bucks had a turnover percentage of 9.1 (better than their season average of 12.5) and held the 76ers to an effective field goal percentage of 0.451 (below their season average of 0.528).
The Timberwolves are trying to rebound after their 109-104 loss to the Toronto Raptors in their last outing. Jimmy Butler was the game’s leading scorer with 25 points on 9-for-17 shooting. Toronto did a terrific job of making free throws (22-26; 84.6 percent). Minnesota, on the other hand, had a better offensive rebounding percentage (25.0 vs. 23.1).
The productive offense of Minnesota (third in the NBA with an offensive efficiency of 111.5) will go head-to-head against the porous defense of Milwaukee (22nd in the league with a defensive efficiency of 107.6). The Timberwolves figure to have the advantage on that side of the ball.
Of Milwaukee’s 49 games, 26 have finished over the O/U total, while 27 of Minnesota’s 54 games have finished over the O/U total. Both teams have decent straight up (SU) records (27-22 for Milwaukee; 32-22 for Minnesota), but the Timberwolves hold a slight advantage against the spread (ATS). Minnesota is 26-25-3 ATS, while the Bucks are 22-22-5.
Khris Middleton has been impressive as of late for Milwaukee, averaging 24.8 points, 7.0 rebounds, 4.6 assists and 1.4 steals over the last five games.
These teams have already met once this season. In that game, the two teams combined for 198 points, which was under the projected point total of 212.5. The Bucks won 102-96, covering as 4-point favorites. Milwaukee had a better offensive rebounding percentage (20.6 vs. 17.1). Minnesota, meanwhile, did a great job of making free throws (19-26; 73.1 percent). Despite the loss, Karl-Anthony Towns was a standout player in the game, producing 22 points and five rebounds.
Milwaukee Bucks at Minnesota Timberwolves Free Prediction
Pick: SU Winner – Bucks, ATS Winner – Bucks, O/U – Under
- The Bucks rank 13th in assists per game (22.6) while the Timberwolves rank 23rd in assists allowed per game (24.2).
- Milwaukee averages 8.6 steals per game, which ranks fifth in the league.
- Minnesota ranks first in steals allowed per game (6.4).
- Milwaukee ranks third in blocks allowed per game (3.9) while Minnesota ranks 11th (4.7).
- Neither of these teams shoot many long balls. Milwaukee is 26th in the NBA with 24.6 three pointers per game while Minnesota is 29th with 22.0 threes per game.
- On the road, Milwaukee is 12-9-2 ATS with 13 overs, 9 unders and 1 push.
- Minnesota is 13-12-1 ATS at home with 13 overs, 12 unders and 1 push.
- In games where they hold opponents below 100 points, Milwaukee is 12-3 and Minnesota is 15-4.
- In games where they reach 100 points, the Timberwolves are 30-13 and the Bucks are 23-12.
- The Timberwolves rank 22nd in rebounds per game (41.7) while the Bucks rank last (38.7).
- Minnesota ranks second in second chance points per game (14.5) while Milwaukee ranks 29th (9.8).
- The Bucks rank first in fast break points allowed per game (8.2) while the Timberwolves rank 24th (13.3).
- The Timberwolves rank third in points off turnovers per game (18.5) while the Bucks rank seventh (17.6).
- Minnesota averages 48.0 points in the paint per game, which ranks sixth in the NBA. Milwaukee ranks 18th in points allowed in the paint per game (45.3).
- Minnesota is 2-2-1 ATS with 3 unders and 2 overs in their last five games.
- Over their last five games, Milwaukee is 3-2 ATS with 4 unders and 1 over.
- The Timberwolves have been outscored by an average of 3.6 points in their last five games. On the season, Minnesota has defeated opponents by an average of 2.9 points.
- During their last five games, the Bucks have scored an average of 107.2 points per game (2.0 above their season average) and allowed an average of 100.6 points per game (4.7 below their season average).