The Memphis Grizzlies (18-48), who are currently on a 17-game losing streak, will try to get back in the win column when they clash against the Milwaukee Bucks (35-31) at FedExForum. Milwaukee opened as a 7-point favorite, while the game’s Over/Under (O/U) has been set at 206 points. Action begins at 8 p.m. ET on Monday, March 12, 2018, and it can be seen on Fox Sports – Southeast.
Milwaukee Bucks at Memphis Grizzlies Betting Preview
The Bucks beat the New York Knicks in their last game, 120-112. With 28 points, 10 rebounds and five assists, Giannis Antetokounmpo had a solid outing for Milwaukee. The Bucks knocked down 30 of their 39 free throws (76.9 percent) and had an effective field goal percentage of 0.616 (above their season average of 0.527).
In the Grizzlies’ last game, they were topped by the Dallas Mavericks, 114-80. With 14 points and 10 rebounds, JaMychal Green put together a good game for Memphis. Dallas was effective at getting to and converting from the free throw line. The Mavericks made 30 of their 35 free throws (85.7 percent), while the Grizzlies were 13-17 (76.5 percent).
Half-court execution will be at a premium when a pair of the NBA’s slowest-paced teams square off. Memphis currently ranks 30th in possessions per game (96.5) and Milwaukee is 27th (97.1). Additionally, the Bucks are among the NBA’s best at getting to the line, ranking second in free throw attempt (FTA) rate (0.229). The Grizzlies, meanhwile, rank 30th in opponents’ FTA rate (0.262).
Of Milwaukee’s 66 games, 32 have finished over the projected point total, while 38 of Memphis’ 66 games have finished under the projected point total. The Bucks have the substantial advantage straight up (SU) (35-31 vs. 18-48), but both teams have similar against the spread (ATS) records. Milwaukee is 27-34-5 ATS, while Memphis is 27-36-3 ATS.
Jabari Parker has really been playing well over the last five games for Milwaukee, averaging 11.2 points per game.
These teams have already met once this season. In that game, the two teams combined to put up 213 points, which was over the projected point total of 199.5. The Bucks won 110-103, covering as 4-point favorites. The Bucks played a nearly flawless game. They had a solid turnover percentage of 8.8 and an offensive rebounding percentage of 25.6. The Grizzlies recorded marks of 14.1 and 23.5, respectively, for those same stats. In the victory, Antetokounmpo led all scorers with 27 points.
Milwaukee Bucks vs. Memphis Grizzlies ATS Prediction
NBA Pick: SU Winner – Bucks, ATS Winner – Bucks, O/U – Under
- The Bucks rank fifth in steals per game (8.5) while the Grizzlies rank 21st (7.4).
- Memphis ranks 22nd in second chance points per game (11.1) while Milwaukee ranks 26th (10.3).
- Milwaukee averages 17.7 points off turnovers per game, which ranks seventh in the league. Memphis ranks 20th in points off turnovers allowed per game (17.3).
- Neither of these teams are great at rebounding the ball. Memphis is 27th in the league with 40.6 rebounds per game while Milwaukee is 29th with 39.5 rebounds per game.
- Memphis is 14-19-1 ATS at home, while Milwaukee is 16-13-2 ATS on the road.
- The total has gone over in 15 of the Bucks’ 31 road games, while 23 of the Grizzlies’ 34 home games have gone under.
- In games where they hold opponents under 100 points, Memphis is 11-11 and Milwaukee is 16-5.
- The Bucks are 29-15 when they score above 100 points, while the Grizzlies are 13-18.
- The Grizzlies rank fifth in assists allowed per game (21.3) while the Bucks rank 15th (23.1).
- Milwaukee ranks second in fast break points allowed per game (9.3) while Memphis ranks 26th (13.9).
- The Bucks rank fifth in blocks allowed per game (4.3) while the Grizzlies rank 23rd (5.3).
- The Grizzlies rank 24th in three pointers attempted per game (26.1) while the Bucks rank 26th (24.5).
- Memphis ranks third in points allowed in the paint per game (41.4) while Milwaukee ranks 21st (46.2).
- Memphis is 1-3-1 ATS with 4 unders and 1 over in their last five games.
- Over their last five games, Milwaukee is 1-4 ATS with 3 unders and 2 overs.
- The Grizzlies’ average margin of defeat in their last five games has been 13.8, up from 5.3 for the season.
- During their last five games, the Bucks have scored an average of 104.4 points per game (0.4 below their season average) and allowed an average of 105.4 points per game (0.1 above their season average).