The Milwaukee Bucks (39-34) will travel to Staples Center to take on the Los Angeles Clippers (39-34). The Bucks opened as 2.5-point underdogs. The games Over/Under (O/U) opened at 225 points and it will air on TNT at 10:30 p.m. ET on Tuesday, March 27, 2018.
Milwaukee Bucks vs. Los Angeles Clippers ATS Odds
Both teams were triumphant in their last game. The Clippers were victorious over the Toronto Raptors 117-106, while the Bucks edged the San Antonio Spurs 106-103.
The Bucks held the Spurs to an effective field goal percentage of 0.467 (below the 0.527 mark opponents have averaged against Milwaukee this season) and had a turnover percentage of 9.6 (better than their season average of 12.4). Meanwhile, Los Angeles free throw rate was their biggest advantage over Toronto. The Clippers had a rate of 0.221 (matching their season average), while the Raptors posted a mark of 0.087 (below their season average of 0.208). Los Angeles was lifted by Lou Williams, who contributed 26 points and seven assists. Giannis Antetokounmpo, meanwhile was a key piece for Milwaukee with 25 points and 10 rebounds.
The physical Los Angeles offense looks poised to dominate from the free throw line. The Clippers currently rank fifth in the NBA with a free throw attempt (FTA) rate of 0.224, while Milwaukee ranks 28th in FTA rate allowed (0.223).
Of the Bucks 73 games, 39 have finished over the total. Milwaukee heads into the contest with records of 39-34 straight up (SU) and 30-38-5 against the spread (ATS).
Games involving the Clippers have a slight tendency to go over the O/U total (53.4 percent). Additionally, Los Angeles is 39-34 SU and 39-33-1 ATS.
In their first matchup this year, DeAndre Jordan led the Clippers to a 127-120 victory. He notched a double-double with 25 points and 22 rebounds. Los Angeles covered as a 6-point underdog and the two teams combined for 247 points, which was well over the projected point total of 222.5. Getting to the charity stripe was one of Los Angeles largest advantages. They had 29 free throw attempts, while Milwaukee had 17.
Milwaukee Bucks at Los Angeles Clippers Odds Pick
Free NBA Tip: SU Winner – Bucks, ATS Winner – Bucks, O/U – Over
- The Bucks average 22.9 assists per game, which ranks 14th in the league. The Clippers rank 22nd in assists allowed per game (24.3).
- Milwaukee ranks first in fast break points allowed per game (9.6) while Los Angeles ranks last (15.1).
- The Bucks rank fourth in blocks allowed per game (4.2) while the Clippers rank 25th (5.4).
- Los Angeles averages 51.4 points in the paint per game, which ranks third in the NBA. Milwaukee ranks 22nd in points allowed in the paint per game (46.6).
- Los Angeles ranks 13th in rebounds per game (43.8) while Milwaukee ranks 29th (39.4).
- The Bucks average 8.6 steals per game, which ranks fourth in the league. The Clippers rank 26th in steals allowed per game (8.4).
- The Bucks average 18.2 points off turnovers per game, which ranks third in the league. The Clippers rank 20th in points off turnovers allowed per game (17.3).
- Los Angeles ranks 20th in three pointers attempted per game (27.8) while Milwaukee ranks 25th (24.7).
- Los Angeles ranks fourth in second chance points per game (13.7) while Milwaukee ranks 26th (10.4).
- Milwaukee is 16-5 when they hold opponents under 100 points, while Los Angeles is 11-2.
- When scoring over 100 points, the Bucks are 33-18 and the Clippers are 37-23.
- Los Angeles is 16-19 ATS at home, while Milwaukee is 18-15-2 ATS on the road.
- The total has gone over in 20 of the Clippers 35 home games, while 19 of the Bucks 35 road games have gone over.
- In their last five games, Milwaukee and Los Angeles are both 2-3 ATS.
- The Bucks have 5 overs over their last five games, while the Clippers have 3 overs and 2 unders.
- During their last five games, the Bucks have scored an average of 116.6 points per game (10.6 above their season average) and allowed an average of 115.2 points per game (9.0 above their season average).
- The Clippers have been outscored by an average of 2.8 points in their last five games. For the season, Los Angeles has defeated opponents by an average of 0.9 points.