The NBA’s top shooting defense will be a 3-point favorite on the road at Staples Center, when the Milwaukee Bucks (9-2) take on the Los Angeles Clippers (6-5). The game’s Over/Under (O/U) opened at 233 points and it will air on Fox Sports Net Wisconsin at 3:30 p.m. ET on Saturday, November 10, 2018.
Milwaukee Bucks vs. Los Angeles Clippers ATS Odds
The last time the Bucks played, they blew out the Golden State Warriors, 134-111, as 5.5-point underdogs. The Clippers, on the other hand, were topped by the Portland Trail Blazers, 116-105, and were unable to cover as 5-point underdogs. The Milwaukee game finished 2.5 points over the projected point total of 242.5, while the Los Angeles game went 4.5 points under the projected point total of 225.5.
Milwaukee played a perfect game. They had a superb turnover percentage of 9.6 (better than their season average of 13.3) and an offensive rebounding percentage of 30.2 (above their season average of 22.6). Golden State recorded marks of 15.7 and 19.5, respectively, for those same stats. Los Angeles, on the other hand, held Portland to an effective field goal percentage of 0.464 (below their season average of 0.535). Tobias Harris had a solid performance for Los Angeles with 15 points and 11 rebounds. Giannis Antetokounmpo played well for Milwaukee, putting up 24 points and nine rebounds.
The Clippers dominated this series last year, taking both contests. In the most recent matchup, Los Angeles won 105-98. Los Angeles had a better turnover percentage (12.2 vs. 14.7). Milwaukee, meanwhile, had a better free throw rate (0.193 vs. 0.116). This is the first time these teams will clash this year.
Bucks matchups have typically finished over the O/U total (72.7 percent). Milwaukee heads into the game with records of 9-2 straight up (SU) and 7-4 against the spread (ATS).
Contrary to Milwaukee, Clippers games have finished under the O/U total 54.5 percent of the time. Further, Los Angeles owns records of 6-5 SU and 6-5 ATS.
Lou Williams has taken his game to another level recently for Los Angeles, averaging 21.6 points and 4.0 assists over the last five games.
Second-chance points could be scarce for Los Angeles in this matchup. The Clippers rank 21st in offensive rebounding percentage (21.9 percent), while Milwaukee ranks third in defensive rebounding percentage (80.1 percent). Additionally, the Bucks’ second-ranked offense (effective field goal percentage of 0.561) will battle against the Clippers’ top-ranked defense (effective field goal percentage allowed of 0.478).
Bucks vs. Clippers Betting Pick
Free NBA Pick: SU Winner – Bucks, ATS Winner – Clippers, O/U – Over
- The Bucks rank first in rebounds per game (52.5) while the Clippers rank 14th in rebounds allowed per game (44.8).
- Milwaukee ranks second in three pointers attempted per game (40.5) while Los Angeles ranks 27th (24.9).
- The Bucks rank second in fast break points allowed per game (10.3) while the Clippers rank 22nd (15.6).
- Milwaukee ranks first in points allowed in the paint per game (38.9) while Los Angeles ranks 17th (49.3).
- Milwaukee ranks 11th in points off turnovers per game (17.2) while Los Angeles ranks 25th (14.3).
- The Bucks rank second in assists per game (27.0) while the Clippers rank 23rd (22.0).
- The Bucks average 6.2 blocks per game, which ranks sixth in the league. The Clippers rank 21st in blocks allowed per game (6.4).
- Milwaukee ranks 24th in steals per game (6.2) while Los Angeles ranks 26th (5.3).
- Milwaukee ranks fourth in second chance points allowed per game (11.0) while Los Angeles ranks 24th (15.7).
- In games where they allow below 100 points, Los Angeles and Milwaukee are both 2-0.
- The Bucks are 9-2 when they reach 100 points, while the Clippers are 6-4.
- Los Angeles is 4-1 ATS at home, while Milwaukee is 2-3 ATS on the road.
- In 5 road games, the Bucks have 3 overs and 2 unders.
- The Clippers have 3 unders and 2 overs in 5 home games.
- The Bucks are 3-2 ATS over their last five games, while the Clippers are 2-3.
- In their last five games, Milwaukee has 4 overs and 1 under, while Los Angeles has 3 unders and 2 overs.
- The Bucks’ average margin of victory in their last five games has been 10.8, down from 13.6 for the season.
- During their last five games, the Clippers have scored an average of 113.6 points per game (1.6 below their season average) and allowed an average of 114.0 points per game (3.6 above their season average).