The Milwaukee Bucks (15-12) will try to put an end to the 12-game winning streak of Houston when they travel to Toyota Center to go head-to-head with the Rockets (23-4). Houston is an 11-point favorite on the opening line, while the games Over/Under (O/U) opened at 219.5 points. Action gets underway at 8 p.m. ET on Saturday, December 16, 2017, and it can be seen on ATTSN Southwest.
Milwaukee Bucks vs. Houston Rockets Free Preview
The last time the Bucks played, they fell to the Chicago Bulls, 115-109. With 29 points on 11-for-18 shooting, Giannis Antetokounmpo was the games high scorer. Chicago had an offensive rebounding percentage of 29.2 (above their season average of 19.8). Milwaukee, meanwhile, had a better turnover percentage (10.3 vs. 10.6).
The Rockets hope to maintain momentum after beating the San Antonio Spurs in their last contest, 124-109. Houston rallied around Chris Paul, who contributed 28 points, eight assists and seven steals. Houston played a flawless game. They had a free throw rate of 0.220 (matching their season average) and a turnover percentage of 11.3 (better than their season average of 13.7). For those same stats, San Antonio was 0.074 and 14.6, respectively.
The productive offense of Houston will go head-to-head against the bottom-tier defense of Milwaukee. The Rockets rank second in offensive efficiency, while the Bucks are 21st in defensive efficiency. The Rockets should have the advantage on that end of the court. Also, the Bucks rank 28th in offensive rebounding percentage (18.9 percent), while the Rockets rank second in defensive rebounding percentage (81.3 percent).
Of Milwaukee’s 26 games that accepted bets, 15 have finished over the projected point total, while 14 of Houston’s 26 games have finished under the O/U total. The Rockets hold a sizable advantage in both straight up (SU) and against the spread (ATS) records. They are 23-4 SU and 14-11-1 ATS, while the Bucks are 15-12 SU and 11-12-3 ATS.
Both teams have had a player heat up over their last five games. For the Bucks, it’s been Khris Middleton, who has averaged 21.2 points and 5.8 assists, while the Rockets have gotten solid contributions from Paul (23.2 points, 8.6 assists, 6.4 rebounds and 2.4 steals).
This is the first time these teams will go head-to-head this year. Each won one of the two games played against each other last season. The Bucks won the last matchup 127-114. The Bucks played a nearly perfect game. They had an offensive rebounding percentage of 23.3 and a turnover percentage of 17.1. The Rockets were 14.3 and 19.0, respectively, for those same stats.
Milwaukee Bucks at Houston Rockets ATS Prediction
Predictions: SU Winner – Rockets, ATS Winner – Rockets, O/U – Over
- The Bucks rank eighth in points allowed in the paint per game (42.1) while the Rockets rank 25th (46.6).
- Milwaukee ranks first in blocks allowed per game (3.4) while Houston ranks 12th (4.6).
- Houston ranks 14th in rebounds per game (44.1) while Milwaukee ranks last (38.4).
- On the road, Milwaukee is 6-6-1 ATS with 9 overs and 4 unders.
- At home, Houston is 5-7-1 ATS with 7 unders and 6 overs.
- In games where they allow under 100 points, Milwaukee is 6-2 and Houston is 10-1.
- When reaching the century mark, the Rockets are 23-2 and the Bucks are 12-6.
- The Rockets rank 15th in second chance points per game (12.3) while the Bucks rank last (9.0).
- Houston ranks first in three pointers attempted per game (43.6) while Milwaukee ranks 27th (24.4).
- The Bucks rank second in points off turnovers allowed per game (14.4) while the Rockets rank 25th (18.4).
- The Bucks rank second in steals allowed per game (6.8) while the Rockets rank 10th (7.7).
- Milwaukee ranks first in fast break points allowed per game (6.7) while Houston ranks 19th (11.6).
- Houston is 2-2-1 ATS with 3 overs and 2 unders in their last five games.
- Over their last five games, Milwaukee is 2-2-1 ATS with 4 overs.
- The Rockets average margin of victory in their last five games has been 10.4, down from 11.2 for the season.
- During their last five games, the Bucks have scored an average of 109.4 points per game (5.2 above their season average) and allowed an average of 106.4 points per game (1.8 above their season average).