Central Division foes will battle when the Detroit Pistons (28-32) go head-to-head with the Milwaukee Bucks (33-27) at Little Caesars Arena. The game’s Over/Under (O/U) opened at 208 points with Detroit set as a 2-point favorite. Tip-off is set for 7 p.m. ET on Wednesday, February 28, 2018, and it can be seen on Fox Sports – Detroit.
Milwaukee Bucks at Detroit Pistons ATS Preview
The Bucks lost a close one to the Washington Wizards in their last contest, 107-104. Giannis Antetokounmpo put together a solid performance for Milwaukee, leading both teams in scoring with 23 points on 8-for-16 shooting. Washington had a much better turnover percentage (10.1 vs. 15.2). Milwaukee, meanwhile, did an excellent job of getting and making free throws (24-28; 85.7 percent).
In the Pistons’ last game, they were defeated by the Toronto Raptors, 123-94. Andre Drummond was Detroit’s leading scorer with 18 points on 8-for-18 shooting. Toronto did a great job of making free throws (22-23; 95.7 percent). Detroit, on the other hand, forced the Raptors into a turnover percentage of 16.6 (above their season average of 11.5).
Milwaukee should have the edge on the offensive side of the ball. The Bucks rank eighth in effective field goal percentage (0.530), while Detroit ranks 22nd in effective field goal percentage allowed (0.529).
Of Milwaukee’s 59 games with betting action, 30 have finished over the projected point total, while 32 of Detroit’s 60 games have finished under the projected point total. The Bucks have the better straight up (SU) record (33-27 vs. 28-32), but both teams have similar against the spread (ATS) records. Milwaukee is 26-28-5 ATS, while Detroit is 26-32-2 ATS.
Ish Smith has been playing at a high level as of late for Detroit, averaging 13.6 points and 6.4 assists over the last five games.
These two teams have already met three times this season, with the Bucks winning two. In the most recent contest, the Pistons lost 104-100, resulting in a push. Drummond scored a game-high 27 points and also put up 20 rebounds and six assists. The two teams combined to score 204 points, hitting the projected point total. Milwaukee had a better effective field goal percentage (0.544 vs. 0.471). Detroit, meanwhile, had a much better offensive rebounding percentage (37.8 vs. 31.0).
Milwaukee Bucks vs. Detroit Pistons Odds Prediction
Pick: SU Winner – Bucks, ATS Winner – Bucks, O/U – Over
- The Pistons rank 16th in rebounds per game (42.9) while the Bucks rank 28th (39.6).
- Detroit ranks 18th in three pointers attempted per game (28.4) while Milwaukee ranks 25th (24.6).
- Milwaukee ranks 15th in assists allowed per game (23.1) while Detroit ranks 26th (24.9).
- Milwaukee allows the fewest fast break points per game (8.4) while Detroit ranks second (9.2).
- Milwaukee is 16-11-2 ATS on the road with 15 overs, 13 unders and 1 push.
- At home, Detroit is 12-19-1 ATS with 16 unders, 15 overs and 1 push.
- In games where they hold opponents below 100 points, Detroit is 14-6 and Milwaukee is 16-4.
- In games where they reach the century mark, the Bucks are 27-15 and the Pistons are 25-14.
- The Pistons rank 14th in points in the paint per game (44.5) while the Bucks rank 22nd in points allowed in the paint per game (45.9).
- Milwaukee ranks sixth in blocks per game (5.3) while Detroit ranks last (3.7).
- The Pistons rank 12th in second chance points per game (12.8) while the Bucks rank 29th (10.3).
- The Pistons rank fifth in points off turnovers allowed per game (14.6) while the Bucks rank eighth (15.1).
- Milwaukee ranks fifth in steals per game (8.4) while Detroit ranks 17th (7.5).
- Detroit is 0-5 ATS with 3 unders, 1 over and 1 push in their last five games.
- Over their last five games, Milwaukee is 2-3 ATS with 4 overs and 1 under.
- The Pistons’ average margin of defeat in their last five games has been 13.2, up from 1.1 for the season.
- During their last five games, the Bucks have scored an average of 113.4 points per game (8.3 above their season average) and allowed an average of 115.0 points per game (9.8 above their season average).