The league’s top scoring team will be on the road at Spectrum Center, when the Milwaukee Bucks (51-8) square off with the Charlotte Hornets (21-38). The game starts at 1 p.m. ET on Sunday, March 1, 2020, and will air on Fox Sports Net Wisconsin.
Milwaukee Bucks vs. Charlotte Hornets ATS Odds
Both teams covered as favorites in their last outing. The Hornets (2-point favorites) defeated the Toronto Raptors 99-96, while the Bucks (1-point favorites) beat the Oklahoma City Thunder 133-86. The Charlotte game finished 12 points under the projected point total of 207, while the Milwaukee game went 13 points under the projected point total of 232.
The Bucks, who came into the game averaging an offensive rebounding percentage of 20.7, had a superb mark of 31.1 and held the Thunder to an effective field goal percentage of 0.396 (below their season average of 0.536). The Hornets, on the other hand, held the Raptors to an effective field goal percentage of 0.400 (below their season average of 0.538) and had an offensive rebounding percentage of 26.2 (above their season average of 23.8). Bismack Biyombo played a key role for Charlotte with 13 points and 11 rebounds. Giannis Antetokounmpo, meanwhile had a solid performance for Milwaukee, contributing 32 points, 13 rebounds and six assists.
In their two contests this year, the Bucks have won both. The two teams combined to score 219 points in their most recent game, which was just under the projected point total of 219.5. Milwaukee won 116-103 but was unable to cover as a 14.5-point favorite. Milwaukee had a much better offensive rebounding percentage (27.9 vs. 16.3). Charlotte, meanwhile, did an excellent job of converting from the charity stripe (25-30; 83.3 percent). Antetokounmpo put up a double-double in the victory with 30 points and 16 rebounds.
The ineffective offense of Charlotte (28th in the league with an offensive efficiency of 103.7) will go head-to-head against the stingy defense of Milwaukee (first in the league with a defensive efficiency of 99.8). The Bucks should have the advantage on that end of the court. It will also be a tale of two tempos as the up-tempo Bucks rank second in possessions per game, while the more half-court oriented Hornets rank 30th.
Bucks vs. Hornets Pick
Free Pick: SU Winner – Bucks, ATS Winner – Bucks, O/U – Under
- The Bucks average 17.1 points off turnovers per game, which ranks 10th in the league. The Hornets rank 17th in points off turnovers allowed per game (17.1).
- Milwaukee ranks fifth in assists per game (26.3) while Charlotte ranks last in assists allowed per game (26.6).
- The Bucks rank first in points allowed in the paint per game (38.5) while the Hornets rank 22nd (50.9).
- Milwaukee averages 38.5 three pointers per game, which ranks fourth in the NBA. Charlotte ranks 23rd in three pointers allowed per game (34.9).
- Milwaukee ranks third in fast break points per game (18.7) while Charlotte ranks 21st (11.8).
- The Bucks rank first in rebounds per game (52.0) while the Hornets rank 23rd (43.0).
- The Bucks rank first in second chance points allowed per game (11.3) while the Hornets rank 19th (13.4).
- Milwaukee ranks 19th in steals per game (7.4) while Charlotte ranks 25th (6.6).
- Milwaukee ranks third in blocks per game (6.2) while Charlotte ranks 24th (4.2).
- Milwaukee is 15-0 when they hold opponents under 100 points, while Charlotte is 7-0.
- In games where they score above 100 points, the Bucks are 51-8 and the Hornets are 16-21.
- Milwaukee is 17-12 ATS on the road, while Charlotte is 10-14-2 ATS at home.
- The Bucks have 15 unders and 14 overs in 29 road games.
- In 26 home games, the Hornets have 14 unders and 12 overs.
- In their last five games, Milwaukee and Charlotte are both 3-2 ATS.
- The Bucks have 3 overs and 2 unders over their last five games, while the Hornets have 4 unders and 1 over
- During their last five games, the Bucks have scored an average of 124.6 points per game (4.6 above their season average) and allowed an average of 104.2 points per game (3.0 below their season average).
- The Hornets’ average margin of defeat in their last five games has been 9.8, up from 7.5 for the season.