The Charlotte Hornets (11-21) will be at home in Spectrum Center when they go head-to-head against the Milwaukee Bucks (17-13). The Over/Under (O/U) for the game opened at 210.5 points with Charlotte set as a 1-point favorite. Action begins at 7 p.m. ET on Saturday, December 23, 2017, and it can be seen on Fox Sports Net Wisconsin.
Milwaukee Bucks vs. Charlotte Hornets Odds Preview
These two teams have already met three times this season, with the Bucks leading the series two games to one. Walker led both teams with 32 points in the most recent matchup, in which the Hornets lost 109-104, unable to cover as 4-point underdogs. The two teams combined to put up 213 points, which was 10 points above the projected point total of 203 points. The Bucks dominated nearly every stat category in the game. They had a free throw rate of 0.218 and a ridiculously low turnover percentage of 6.7. The Hornets were 0.159 and 8.6, respectively, for those same stats.
The aggressive Charlotte offense might be living from the free throw line in this battle. The Hornets currently rank second in the league with a free throw attempt (FTA) rate of 0.233, while Milwaukee ranks 30th in FTA rate allowed (0.244). The Bucks should be expected to protect the ball well. They rank 3rd at avoiding errors (turnover percentage of 13.0 percent). Conversely, the Hornets force the third-fewest turnovers in the league (opponents turnover percentage of 13.1 percent).
Of Milwaukee’s 29 games that accepted bets, 18 have finished over the projected point total, while 17 of Charlotte’s 31 games have finished under the O/U total. Looking at straight up (SU) and against the spread (ATS) records, the Bucks have a sizable advantage. They are 17-13 SU and 13-13-3 ATS, while the Hornets are 11-21 SU and 12-17-2 ATS.
Khris Middleton has been impressive over the last five games for Milwaukee, averaging 21.0 points, 6.6 assists and 1.4 steals per game.
Milwaukee Bucks at Charlotte Hornets Odds Prediction
Predictions: SU Winner – Hornets, ATS Winner – Hornets, O/U – Under
- The Hornets rank 11th in second chance points per game (12.9) while the Bucks rank 28th (9.4).
- Milwaukee ranks seventh in points in the paint per game (46.5) while Charlotte ranks 14th in points allowed in the paint per game (43.5).
- Milwaukee ranks first in blocks allowed per game (3.5) while Charlotte ranks 17th (5.0).
- Milwaukee is 7-6-1 ATS on the road with 10 overs and 4 unders.
- Charlotte is 9-9 ATS at home with 11 unders and 7 overs.
- Charlotte and Milwaukee are both 6-2 when they allow less than 100 points.
- In games where they score over 100 points, the Hornets are 11-9 and the Bucks are 14-7.
- The Bucks rank 15th in assists per game (22.4) while the Hornets rank 27th (20.5).
- Charlotte ranks second in rebounds per game (46.7) while Milwaukee ranks last (38.7).
- The Bucks rank sixth in steals per game (8.7) while the Hornets rank 29th (6.4).
- The Bucks rank first in fast break points allowed per game (6.8) while the Hornets rank eighth (9.7).
- Milwaukee ranks seventh in points off turnovers per game (18.2) while Charlotte ranks 25th (15.3).
- Charlotte is 1-3-1 ATS with 4 unders and 1 over in their last five games.
- Over their last five games, Milwaukee is 3-2 ATS with 5 overs.
- The Hornets average margin of defeat in their last five games has been 2.6, up from 2.1 for the season.
- During their last five games, the Bucks have scored an average of 111.2 points per game (6.1 above their season average) and allowed an average of 113.0 points per game (7.7 above their season average).