The Brooklyn Nets (19-34) will be at home in Barclays Center when they challenge the Milwaukee Bucks (28-23). Milwaukee opened as a 4.5-point favorite, while the games Over/Under (O/U) has been set at 209 points. Action gets underway at 12 p.m. ET on Sunday, February 4, 2018, and it can be seen on YES Network.
Milwaukee Bucks at Brooklyn Nets Odds Preview
In the Bucks last game, they won a close one over the New York Knicks, 92-90. Giannis Antetokounmpo was the top scorer from either team with 29 points on 10-for-21 shooting. Milwaukee dominated nearly every facet of the game. They had a great free throw rate of 0.250 (above their season average of 0.227) and a turnover percentage of 11.2 (better than their season average of 12.4). For those same stats, New York put up marks of 0.146 and 16.5, respectively.
The Nets are trying to rebound after their 102-99 loss to the Los Angeles Lakers in their last contest. Spencer Dinwiddie was the top scorer from either team with 23 points on 9-for-19 shooting. Los Angeles had an offensive rebounding percentage of 35.3 (above their season average of 24.1). Brooklyn, meanwhile, had a better free throw rate (0.195 vs. 0.152).
It could be a sloppy game for the Brooklyn offense. Brooklyn ranks 21st in the league in ball protection (turnover percentage of 14.5 percent), while the disruptive defense of Milwaukee forces the fifth-most turnovers in the league (15.1 percent). Furthermore, the Bucks, who rank third in free throw attempt (FTA) rate (0.227), will face off against the Nets, who rank 22nd in opponents FTA rate (0.204).
Of Milwaukee’s 51 games, 26 have finished over the O/U total, while 30 of Brooklyn’s 53 games have finished under the O/U total. The Bucks have the better straight up (SU) record (28-23 vs. 19-34), but the Nets hold the sizable advantage against the spread (ATS) (31-21-1 vs. 22-24-5).
These teams have already met once this season. In that game, the two teams combined for 207 points, just under the projected point total of 212. The Bucks won 116-91, covering as 6-point favorites. The Bucks dominated nearly every facet of the game. They had a superb effective field goal percentage of 0.590 and a superb turnover percentage of 8.9. The Nets had marks of 0.416 and 12.5, respectively, for those same stats. Antetokounmpo recorded a double-double with 41 points and 13 rebounds.
Milwaukee Bucks at Brooklyn Nets Odds Prediction
Free Pick: SU Winner – Bucks, ATS Winner – Bucks, O/U – Under
- The Nets rank second in three pointers attempted per game (34.0) while the Bucks rank 26th (24.6).
- Milwaukee ranks 10th in points in the paint per game (45.8) while Brooklyn ranks 18th in points allowed in the paint per game (45.0).
- Milwaukee ranks eighth in points off turnovers per game (17.6) while Brooklyn ranks 29th (14.0).
- Brooklyn is 14-10-1 ATS at home, while Milwaukee is 12-10-2 ATS on the road.
- Of the Bucks 24 road games, they have 13 overs, 10 unders and 1 push.
- In 25 home games, the Nets have 14 unders and 11 overs.
- In games where they hold opponents below 100 points, Brooklyn is 11-1 and Milwaukee is 13-3.
- The Bucks are 23-12 when they score more than 100 points, while the Nets are 15-21.
- The Nets rank 16th in second chance points per game (12.2) while the Bucks rank 29th (10.0).
- Brooklyn ranks fourth in rebounds per game (45.3) while Milwaukee ranks last (38.7).
- The Bucks rank third in blocks allowed per game (4.0) while the Nets rank 28th (5.7).
- The Bucks rank first in fast break points allowed per game (8.1) while the Nets rank ninth (10.6).
- Milwaukee ranks fifth in steals per game (8.5) while Brooklyn ranks 29th (6.0).
- Brooklyn is 1-4 ATS with 4 unders and 1 over in their last five games.
- Over their last five games, Milwaukee is 3-2 ATS with 5 unders.
- The Nets average margin of defeat in their last five games has been 10.0, up from 3.6 for the season.
- During their last five games, the Bucks have scored an average of 102.8 points per game (1.8 below their season average) and allowed an average of 96.0 points per game (9.1 below their season average).