The Milwaukee Bucks (2-2), 2.5-point underdogs, will travel to TD Garden to meet the Boston Celtics (2-2) in game five of the First Round of the Eastern Conference Playoffs. The game’s Over/Under (O/U) opened at 204.5 points and it begins at 7 p.m. ET on Tuesday, April 24, 2018.
Milwaukee Bucks vs. Boston Celtics Betting Odds
In game four, Antetokounmpo led the Bucks to a 104-102 win. He recorded 27 points, seven rebounds and five assists. Milwaukee was unable to cover as a 6-point favorite and the two teams combined to put up 206 points, which was just over the projected point total of 203. Milwaukee had a much better effective field goal percentage (0.589 vs. 0.471). Boston, meanwhile, had a much better offensive rebounding percentage (32.0 vs. 6.9).
Half-court execution will be of utmost importance when two of the league’s slowest-paced teams square off. Boston currently ranks 23rd in possessions per game (98.0) and Milwaukee is 24th (97.9).
Vegas is known to set the total low when the Bucks are involved, as 58.1 percent of their games have gone over the projected point total. Milwaukee holds records of 46-40 straight up (SU) and 36-45-5 against the spread (ATS).
Of the Celtics’ 86 games, 46 have finished over the projected point total. Further, Boston is 57-29 SU and 51-31-4 ATS.
Milwaukee Bucks at Boston Celtics Odds Pick
Free NBA Tip: SU Winner – Celtics, ATS Winner – Bucks, O/U – Over
- The Celtics rank 10th in three pointers attempted per game (30.3) while the Bucks rank 25th (24.6).
- Milwaukee ranks seventh in points in the paint per game (47.5) while Boston ranks 29th (40.0).
- The Bucks rank third in points off turnovers per game (18.0) while the Celtics rank 23rd (15.3).
- Milwaukee ranks sixth in fast break points per game (14.6) while Boston ranks 26th (9.6).
- Milwaukee ranks fourth in blocks per game (5.6) while Boston ranks 19th (4.5).
- The Celtics rank third in second chance points allowed per game (10.9) while the Bucks rank 24th (13.4).
- The Bucks rank third in steals per game (8.7) while the Celtics rank 22nd (7.3).
- Boston ranks fourth in assists allowed per game (21.4) while Milwaukee ranks 16th (23.5).
- Boston ranks ninth in rebounds per game (44.4) while Milwaukee ranks last (39.8).
- Boston is 36-5 when they hold opponents below 100 points, while Milwaukee is 18-5.
- In games where they score over 100 points, the Celtics are 44-14 and the Bucks are 40-22.
- Boston is 22-17-4 ATS at home, while Milwaukee is 22-19-2 ATS on the road.
- The total has gone over in 25 of the Celtics’ 43 home games, while 26 of the Bucks’ 43 road games have gone over.
- In their last five games, Milwaukee and Boston have both had 5 overs.
- The Celtics are 4-1 ATS over their last five games, while the Bucks are 1-4.
- During their last five games, the Celtics have scored an average of 107.4 points per game (3.3 above their season average) and allowed an average of 106.0 points per game (5.2 above their season average).
- The Bucks’ average margin of defeat in their last five games has been 5.8, up from 0.2 for the season.