The NBA’s top shooting defense will be on the road at State Farm Arena, when the Milwaukee Bucks (29-12) go head-to-head against the Atlanta Hawks (13-29). The game can be seen on Fox Sports – Southeast at 3:30 p.m. ET on Sunday, January 13, 2019.
Milwaukee Bucks at Atlanta Hawks ATS Odds
The Hawks will look to keep it rolling after narrowly defeating the Philadelphia 76ers in their last game, 123-121, as 10.5-point underdogs. The Bucks, meanwhile, were defeated by the Washington Wizards, 113-106, and were not able to cover as 2-point underdogs. The Atlanta game went 10.5 points over the projected point total of 233.5, while the Milwaukee game went 8.5 points under the projected point total of 227.5.
Atlanta played a nearly perfect game. They had a fantastic offensive rebounding percentage of 44.1 (above their season average of 24.4) and a free throw rate of 0.259 (above their season average of 0.190). Philadelphia recorded marks of 27.5 and 0.230, respectively, for those same stats. Milwaukee, meanwhile, had a much better offensive rebounding percentage (21.3 vs. 15.4). John Collins was a key piece for Atlanta with 25 points and nine rebounds. Milwaukee, meanwhile, received a boost from Eric Bledsoe, who contributed 18 points, nine assists and eight rebounds.
In their first matchup this year, Giannis Antetokounmpo led the Bucks to a 144-112 win. He notched a double-double with 16 points and 10 assists. The two teams combined to put up 256 points, which was well over the projected point total of 230, and Milwaukee covered as a 14-point favorite. Milwaukee out-rebounded Atlanta. The Bucks had 12 offensive rebounds and 54 total rebounds, while the Hawks had five and 31, respectively.
Vegas has typically been fairly accurate when predicting totals of Bucks games, with 21 unders compared to 20 overs. Milwaukee heads into the contest with records of 29-12 straight up (SU) and 23-17-1 against the spread (ATS).
Unlike Milwaukee, Hawks games have a slight tendency to go over the total (52.4 percent). Moreover, Atlanta owns records of 13-29 SU and 19-23 ATS.
Malcolm Brogdon has been playing at a high level as of late for Milwaukee, averaging 18 points,4.0 assists over the last five games.
Atlanta might struggle to find the bottom of the net as they face off against one of the league’s best defenses. Milwaukee ranks third in defensive efficiency while the Hawks rank 29th in offensive efficiency.
Bucks vs. Hawks ATS Pick
Free NBA Pick: SU Winner – Bucks, ATS Winner – Bucks, O/U – Under
- The Bucks rank third in blocks per game (6.0) while the Hawks rank 19th in blocks allowed per game (5.4).
- Milwaukee ranks first in fast break points allowed per game (9.7) while Atlanta ranks 29th (16.8).
- The Bucks rank second in points off turnovers allowed per game (14.3) while the Hawks rank 27th (22.8).
- Milwaukee ranks fifth in steals allowed per game (7.1) while Atlanta ranks 29th (10.9).
- Milwaukee ranks first in rebounds per game (49.2) while Atlanta ranks 19th in rebounds allowed per game (45.5).
- The Bucks rank first in second chance points allowed per game (10.8) while the Hawks rank 28th (14.5).
- The Bucks average 26.5 assists per game, which ranks fifth in the league. The Hawks rank 29th in assists allowed per game (27.5).
- Milwaukee ranks first in points allowed in the paint per game (39.3) while Atlanta ranks 15th (48.7).
- Atlanta ranks fifth in three pointers attempted per game (34.1) while Milwaukee ranks last in three pointers allowed per game (35.8).
- Milwaukee is 9-1 when they allow under 100 points, while Atlanta is 3-2.
- In games where they score over 100 points, the Hawks are 12-22 and the Bucks are 29-9.
- Milwaukee is 8-9-1 ATS on the road, while Atlanta is 6-11 ATS at home.
- Of the Bucks’ 18 road games, they have 11 unders and 7 overs.
- In 17 home games, the Hawks have 9 overs, 7 unders and 1 push.
- In their last five games, Milwaukee and Atlanta are both 3-2 ATS with 3 unders and 2 overs.
- During their last five games, the Bucks have scored an average of 119.2 points per game (2.0 above their season average) and allowed an average of 111.8 points per game (3.7 above their season average).
- The Hawks’ average margin of defeat in their last five games has been 5.0, down from 8.2 for the season.