The Toronto Raptors (24-10) look to prolong an 11-game home winning streak when they take on the Milwaukee Bucks (19-15) at Air Canada Centre. The games Over/Under (O/U) opened at 214.5 points with Toronto set as a 6-point favorite. Tip-off is set for 7:30 p.m. ET on Monday, January 1, 2018, and it can be seen on CTV Sportsnet Toronto.
Milwaukee Bucks vs. Toronto Raptors Odds Preview
The Bucks won a close one over the Oklahoma City Thunder in their last game, 97-95. Giannis Antetokounmpo led Milwaukee in scoring with 23 points on 10-for-16 shooting. Milwaukee played a nearly perfect game. They had a solid turnover percentage of 8.9 (better than their season average of 12.2) and an effective field goal percentage of 0.524 (below their season average of 0.536). For those same stats, Oklahoma City was 11.6 and 0.500, respectively.
In the Raptors last game, they topped the Atlanta Hawks, 111-98. With 25 points on 10-for-18 shooting, DeMar DeRozan led Toronto in scoring. Toronto dominated nearly every stat category in the game. They had a solid turnover percentage of 9.2 (better than their season average of 12.2) and an offensive rebounding percentage of 35.8 (above their season average of 22.6). Atlanta had marks of 15.7 and 30.4, respectively, for those same stats.
Toronto could have their way on the offensive side of the ball as their high-octane offense goes up against one of the NBA’s worst defenses. The Raptors currently rank fifth in offensive efficiency, while Milwaukee ranks 22nd in defensive efficiency. Moreover, the Bucks rank fifth in turnover percentage (13.1 percent), while the Raptors rank fifth in opponents turnover percentage (15.6 percent).
Of Milwaukee’s 34 games, 21 have finished over the projected point total, while 18 of Toronto’s 34 games have finished under the O/U total. The Raptors come into this game with a significant advantage in terms of straight up (SU) and against the spread (ATS) records. They are 24-10 SU and 20-14 ATS, while the Bucks are 19-15 SU and 15-14-5 ATS.
This will be the first matchup of the year between these two teams, after the Raptors won seven out of 10 games last season. In the last matchup, Toronto won 92-89. The Raptors dominated nearly every facet of the game. They had a superb offensive rebounding percentage of 29.7 and a solid free throw rate of 0.271. The Bucks had marks of 25.6 and 0.240, respectively, for those same stats.
Milwaukee Bucks vs. Toronto Raptors ATS Prediction
Predictions: SU Winner – Raptors, ATS Winner – Bucks, O/U – Over
- The Bucks rank 12th in second chance points allowed per game (11.9) while the Raptors rank 26th (13.6).
- Milwaukee ranks first in points off turnovers allowed per game (14.2) while Toronto ranks 11th (15.5).
- Milwaukee averages 47.1 points in the paint per game, which ranks sixth in the NBA. Toronto ranks 18th in points allowed in the paint per game (44.6).
- Toronto ranks 10th in assists per game (22.8) while Milwaukee ranks 11th in assists allowed per game (21.8).
- Milwaukee is 8-6-2 ATS on the road with 11 overs and 5 unders.
- At home, Toronto is 9-5 ATS with 7 overs and 7 unders.
- Milwaukee is 8-2 when they hold opponents under 100 points, while Toronto is 11-3.
- When scoring over 100 points, the Bucks are 15-9 and the Raptors are 23-5.
- The Raptors rank 18th in rebounds per game (42.5) while the Bucks rank 29th (38.7).
- Toronto ranks fourth in three pointers attempted per game (31.9) while Milwaukee ranks 24th (24.9).
- The Bucks rank first in fast break points allowed per game (7.3) while the Raptors rank 21st (12.1).
- The Bucks rank third in steals allowed per game (6.8) while the Raptors rank 11th (7.6).
- Milwaukee ranks second in blocks allowed per game (3.6) while Toronto ranks 19th (5.1).
- Toronto is 3-2 ATS with 3 unders and 2 overs in their last five games.
- Over their last five games, Milwaukee is 2-1-2 ATS with 3 overs and 2 unders.
- The Raptors average margin of victory in their last five games has been 2.4, down from 7.9 for the season.
- During their last five games, the Bucks have scored an average of 104.0 points per game (0.8 below their season average) and allowed an average of 104.2 points per game (1.0 below their season average).