The Philadelphia 76ers (21-20) will be at home in Wells Fargo Center when they take on the Milwaukee Bucks (23-21). Philadelphia opened as a 6.5-point favorite, while the Over/Under (O/U) for the game has been set at 213.5 points. Tip-off is scheduled for 7:30 p.m. ET on Saturday, January 20, 2018, and it can be seen on Fox Sports Net Wisconsin.
Milwaukee Bucks at Philadelphia 76ers ATS Preview
In the Bucks last matchup, they lost to the Miami Heat, 106-101. Giannis Antetokounmpo put together a solid performance for Milwaukee, recording 22 points, 10 rebounds and six assists. Miami held the Bucks to an offensive rebounding percentage of 12.2 (below their season average of 19.4). Milwaukee, on the other hand, had a better turnover percentage (9.1 vs. 13.8).
The 76ers come in on a high note after topping the Boston Celtics in their last contest, 89-80. Philadelphia rallied around Joel Embiid, who was the games leading scorer with 26 points on 10-for-19 shooting. Philadelphia played a nearly perfect game. They had an offensive rebounding percentage of 22.2 (below their season average of 25.6) and a free throw rate of 0.205 (below their season average of 0.206). Boston was 8.3 and 0.176, respectively, for those same stats.It will be a showdown of contrasting paces as the up-tempo 76ers will look to push the more methodical Bucks. The 76ers rank second in possessions per game while the Bucks are 26th. Moreover, the Bucks, who rank fourth in free throw attempt (FTA) rate (0.224), could earn plenty of trips to the line against the 76ers, who rank 28th in opponents FTA rate (0.232).
Of Milwaukee’s 44 games, 25 have finished over the projected point total, while 22 of Philadelphia’s 41 games have finished over the O/U total. Both teams have decent straight up (SU) records (23-21 for Milwaukee; 21-20 for Philadelphia), but the 76ers have the advantage against the spread (ATS). Philadelphia is 23-18 ATS, while the Bucks are 19-20-5.
This is the first time these teams will meet this year. Each won two of the four games played against each other last season. The Bucks won the most recent game 90-82. Milwaukee’s effective field goal percentage was its largest strength over Philadelphia. The Bucks had a rate of 0.481 while the 76ers posted a mark of 0.403.
Milwaukee Bucks vs. Philadelphia 76ers Prediction
Predictions: SU Winner – 76ers, ATS Winner – 76ers, O/U – Over
- The 76ers rank seventh in second chance points per game (13.8) while the Bucks rank 29th (9.8).
- Philadelphia ranks third in assists per game (25.8) while Milwaukee ranks 16th (22.4).
- Milwaukee ranks sixth in points off turnovers allowed per game (15.1) while Philadelphia ranks 27th (19.5).
- Milwaukee ranks first in fast break points allowed per game (7.9) while Philadelphia ranks eighth (10.1).
- On the road, Milwaukee is 11-8-2 ATS with 12 overs, 8 unders and 1 push.
- Philadelphia is 11-8 ATS at home with 10 unders and 9 overs.
- When allowing under 100 points, Milwaukee is 9-3 and Philadelphia is 7-0.
- When scoring over 100 points, the Bucks are 19-12 and the 76ers are 19-13.
- The Bucks rank fifth in three pointers allowed per game (26.1) while the 76ers rank 20th (29.4).
- Philadelphia ranks first in rebounds per game (47.4) while Milwaukee ranks 28th (38.6).
- The Bucks rank third in steals allowed per game (6.9) while the 76ers rank 29th (9.2).
- The 76ers rank eighth in points in the paint per game (47.1) while the Bucks rank 15th in points allowed in the paint per game (44.3).
- Milwaukee ranks third in blocks allowed per game (4.1) while Philadelphia ranks 27th (5.5).
- Philadelphia is 4-1 ATS with 3 overs and 2 unders in their last five games.
- Over their last five games, Milwaukee is 1-4 ATS with 4 unders and 1 over.
- The 76ers average margin of victory in their last five games has been 9.2, up from 0.7 for the season.
- During their last five games, the Bucks have scored an average of 97.6 points per game (7.3 below their season average) and allowed an average of 101.8 points per game (4.1 below their season average).