The Milwaukee Bucks (18-15) will attempt to snap the six-game winning streak of Oklahoma City when they head to Chesapeake Energy Arena to meet the Thunder (20-15). The games Over/Under (O/U) has been set at 210.5 points with Oklahoma City opening as an 8-point favorite. Tip-off is scheduled for 8 p.m. ET on Friday, December 29, 2017, and it can be seen on Fox SportsNet Oklahoma.
Milwaukee Bucks at Oklahoma City Thunder Odds Preview
The Bucks defeated the Minnesota Timberwolves in their last outing, 102-96. With 22 points and 10 rebounds, Giannis Antetokounmpo played well for Milwaukee. The Bucks held the Timberwolves to an offensive rebounding percentage of 17.1 (below their season average of 25.0) and had an effective field goal percentage of 0.580 (above their season average of 0.534).
In the Thunder’s last matchup, they topped the Toronto Raptors, 124-107. Oklahoma City was lifted by Russell Westbrook, who finished with 30 points, 13 assists and eight rebounds. The Thunder had a phenomenal offensive rebounding percentage of 35.7 (above their season average of 27.3) and had an effective field goal percentage of 0.580 (above their season average of 0.503).
It could be a sloppy game for the Oklahoma City offense. Oklahoma City ranks 18th in the NBA in ball protection (turnover percentage of 14.4 percent), while the ball-hawking defense of Milwaukee forces the seventh-most turnovers in the NBA (15.3 percent).
In terms of the O/U total, these teams are complete opposites. Games featuring Milwaukee have finished over 65.6 percent of the time, while 60.0 percent of Oklahoma City games have finished under. Both teams have decent straight up (SU) records (18-15 for Milwaukee; 20-15 for Oklahoma City), but the Bucks hold a slight edge against the spread (ATS). Milwaukee is 13-14-5 ATS, while the Thunder are 13-21-1.
Eric Bledsoe has been superb over the last five games for Milwaukee, averaging 21.4 points, 5.0 assists and 1.2 steals per game.
These teams have already met once this season. The two teams combined for 201 points in that game, which was under the projected point total of 210.5. The Thunder won 110-91, covering as 2.5-point favorites. Oklahoma City had a much better offensive rebounding percentage (25.0 vs. 9.8). Milwaukee, on the other hand, did a great job of making free throws (18-22; 81.8 percent). Antetokounmpo was the top overall scorer in the game with 28 points.
Milwaukee Bucks vs. Oklahoma City Thunder ATS Prediction
Predictions: SU Winner – Thunder, ATS Winner – Thunder, O/U – Over
- The Bucks rank first in blocks allowed per game (3.6) while the Thunder rank ninth (4.5).
- Milwaukee ranks first in fast break points allowed per game (7.0) while Oklahoma City ranks seventh (9.4).
- Oklahoma City ranks 17th in three pointers attempted per game (28.8) while Milwaukee ranks 25th (24.8).
- Milwaukee is 7-6-2 ATS on the road with 11 overs and 4 unders.
- At home, Oklahoma City is 8-9-1 ATS with 11 unders and 7 overs.
- In games where they allow less than 100 points, Oklahoma City is 13-4 and Milwaukee is 7-2.
- The Bucks are 15-9 when they reach the century mark, while the Thunder are 17-6.
- The Bucks rank second in points off turnovers allowed per game (14.5) while the Thunder rank eighth (14.9).
- Oklahoma City ranks third in second chance points per game (14.5) while Milwaukee ranks last (9.4).
- The Bucks rank fifth in steals allowed per game (6.8) while the Thunder rank 22nd (8.2).
- The Thunder rank third in points allowed in the paint per game (40.5) while the Bucks rank seventh (41.8).
- Oklahoma City ranks 13th in rebounds per game (44.0) while Milwaukee ranks last (38.5).
- Oklahoma City is 4-1 ATS with 3 unders and 2 overs in their last five games.
- Over their last five games, Milwaukee is 2-1-2 ATS with 5 overs.
- The Thunder’s average margin of victory in their last five games has been 13.4, up from 3.3 for the season.
- During their last five games, the Bucks have scored an average of 108.4 points per game (3.3 above their season average) and allowed an average of 108.4 points per game (2.9 above their season average).