The New Orleans Pelicans (14-14) will be at home in Smoothie King Center when they take on the Milwaukee Bucks (15-10). Tip-off is scheduled for 8 p.m. ET on Wednesday, December 13, 2017, and it can be seen on Fox Sports – New Orleans.
Milwaukee Bucks vs. New Orleans Pelicans Betting Preview
The Bucks beat the Utah Jazz in their last outing, 117-100. Giannis Antetokounmpo was the top scorer from either team with 37 points on 14-for-22 shooting. Milwaukee played a nearly perfect game. They had a turnover percentage of 10.6 (better than their season average of 12.6) and an effective field goal percentage of 0.586 (above their season average of 0.533). Utah put up marks of 14.8 and 0.487, respectively, for those same stats.
The last time the Pelicans played, they were topped by the Houston Rockets, 130-123. Jrue Holiday was the top scorer from either team with 37 points on 16-for-21 shooting. Houston had a much better free throw rate (0.193 vs. 0.082). New Orleans, meanwhile, held the Rockets to an offensive rebounding percentage of 10.3 (below their season average of 22.4).
This has potential to be a sloppy game for the offense of New Orleans. New Orleans ranks 24th in the league in ball protection (turnover percentage of 15.3 percent), while the ball-hawking defense of Milwaukee forces the fourth-most turnovers in the league (15.7 percent).
Both of these teams have typically finished over the projected point total. Milwaukee games have finished over 56.0 percent of the time, while 60.7 percent of games including New Orleans have finished over. The Bucks have the better straight up (SU) record (15-10 vs. 14-14), but the Pelicans hold the significant advantage against the spread (ATS) (16-12 vs. 11-11-3).
Holiday has really been playing well over the last five games for New Orleans, averaging 25.2 points and 5.6 assists per game.
This will be the first matchup of the year between these two teams. Each won one of the two games played against each other last season. In the most recent contest, the Pelicans won 112-106. The Pelicans played a nearly perfect game. They had a great free throw rate of 0.281 and a great turnover percentage of 9.0. The Bucks were 0.220 and 9.7, respectively, for those same stats.
Milwaukee Bucks at New Orleans Pelicans Betting Prediction
Predictions: SU Winner – Pelicans, ATS Winner – Pelicans, O/U – Over
- The Bucks rank sixth in three pointers allowed per game (26.3) while the Pelicans rank 25th (31.4).
- New Orleans ranks 14th in rebounds per game (43.1) while Milwaukee ranks 29th (38.2).
- Milwaukee ranks fifth in points allowed in the paint per game (41.1) while New Orleans ranks 22nd (45.5).
- New Orleans ranks 17th in second chance points per game (12.1) while Milwaukee ranks 29th (8.5).
- Milwaukee is 6-5-1 ATS on the road with 8 overs and 4 unders.
- New Orleans is 7-7 ATS at home with 9 overs and 5 unders.
- When allowing under 100 points, Milwaukee is 6-2 and New Orleans is 4-0.
- In games where they reach the century mark, the Bucks are 12-4 and the Pelicans are 12-9.
- The Bucks rank fourth in blocks per game (5.4) while the Pelicans rank 19th (4.5).
- Milwaukee ranks second in steals allowed per game (6.8) while New Orleans ranks 28th (8.9).
- The Bucks rank first in fast break points allowed per game (6.4) while the Pelicans rank 26th (13.9).
- The Pelicans rank second in assists per game (26.4) while the Bucks rank 17th (22.2).
- Milwaukee ranks second in points off turnovers allowed per game (14.5) while New Orleans ranks 24th (18.5).
- New Orleans is 3-2 ATS with 5 overs in their last five games.
- Over their last five games, Milwaukee is 2-2-1 ATS with 4 overs.
- The Pelicans average margin of defeat in their last five games has been 1.6, up from 1.0 for the season.
- During their last five games, the Bucks have scored an average of 107.8 points per game (3.9 above their season average) and allowed an average of 103.4 points per game (0.4 below their season average).