Central Division foes will clash when the Indiana Pacers (36-27) square off against the Milwaukee Bucks (34-29) at Bankers Life Fieldhouse. The Over/Under (O/U) for the game opened at 208.5 points with Indiana set as a 2.5-point favorite. Action gets underway at 7 p.m. ET on Monday, March 5, 2018, and it can be seen on Fox Sports Net Wisconsin.
Milwaukee Bucks at Indiana Pacers Betting Preview
The Bucks were victorious over the Philadelphia 76ers in their last outing, 118-110. Giannis Antetokounmpo was the games leading scorer with 35 points on 14-for-23 shooting. The Bucks forced 26 turnovers and had an offensive rebounding percentage of 38.1 (above their season average of 19.8).
The last time the Pacers played, they beat the Washington Wizards, 98-95. Indiana was lifted by Victor Oladipo, who was the top scorer from either team with 33 points on 11-for-20 shooting. Indiana dominated nearly every facet of the game. They had a great free throw rate of 0.286 (above their season average of 0.178) and an offensive rebounding percentage of 25.6 (above their season average of 22.2). Washington was 0.181 and 23.8, respectively, for those same stats.
Milwaukee does a great job at getting to the charity stripe. They rank third in free throw attempt (FTA) rate (0.228), but Indiana is among the best in the league at keeping opponents off the line (ranking third by allowing a FTA rate of 0.174).
Of Milwaukee’s 62 games with betting action, 30 have finished over the projected point total, while 34 of Indiana’s 62 games have finished under the projected point total. Both teams have respectable straight up (SU) records (34-29 for Milwaukee; 36-27 for Indiana), but the Pacers have the edge against the spread (ATS). Indiana is 34-28 ATS, while the Bucks are 26-31-5.
These two teams have already met three times this season, with the Pacers leading the series two games to one. Antetokounmpo recorded 24 points and 10 rebounds in the most recent matchup, in which the Bucks lost 103-96, unable to cover as 3.5-point favorites. The two teams combined to put up 199 points, which was 12 points below the projected point total of 211 points. The Pacers played a nearly perfect game. They had an effective field goal percentage of 0.482 and a solid offensive rebounding percentage of 31.0. The Bucks had marks of 0.438 and 28.6, respectively, for those same stats.
Milwaukee Bucks vs. Indiana Pacers Betting Prediction
Free Pick: SU Winner – Pacers, ATS Winner – Pacers, O/U – Under
- The Pacers rank 19th in second chance points per game (11.8) while the Bucks rank 28th (10.4).
- Indiana averages 18.1 points off turnovers per game, which ranks fifth in the NBA. Milwaukee ranks eighth in points off turnovers allowed per game (15.2).
- Indiana ranks 21st in rebounds per game (42.4) while Milwaukee ranks last (39.5).
- Milwaukee is 16-12-2 ATS on the road, while Indiana is 18-14 ATS at home.
- Of the Bucks 30 road games, they have 15 overs, 14 unders and 1 push.
- Of the Pacers’32 home games, they have 17 unders, 14 overs and 1 push.
- In games where they allow below 100 points, Indiana is 21-2 and Milwaukee is 16-4.
- The Pacers are 30-14 when they reach the century mark, while the Bucks are 28-15.
- The Bucks average 45.6 points in the paint per game, which ranks 11th in the league. The Pacers rank 19th in points allowed in the paint per game (45.4).
- Milwaukee ranks fifth in three pointers allowed per game (26.7) while Indiana ranks 26th (30.7).
- The Bucks rank sixth in blocks per game (5.3) while the Pacers rank 25th (4.2).
- The Bucks average 8.5 steals per game, which ranks fifth in the league. The Pacers rank seventh in steals allowed per game (7.2).
- Milwaukee ranks first in fast break points allowed per game (8.9) while Indiana ranks 18th (12.1).
- Indiana is 3-2 ATS with 3 unders and 2 overs in their last five games.
- Over their last five games, Milwaukee is 1-4 ATS with 3 unders and 2 overs.
- The Pacers average margin of victory in their last five games has been 4.4, up from 1.6 for the season.
- During their last five games, the Bucks have scored an average of 105.2 points per game (0.3 above their season average) and allowed an average of 110.6 points per game (5.3 above their season average).