Central Division foes will clash when the Chicago Bulls (18-31) square off with the Milwaukee Bucks (25-22) at United Center. The Over/Under (O/U) for the game opened at 215 points with Milwaukee set as a 1.5-point favorite. Action begins at 3:30 p.m. ET on Sunday, January 28, 2018, and it can be seen on NBC Sports Chicago.
Milwaukee Bucks vs. Chicago Bulls Betting Preview
In the Bucks last contest, they won big over the Brooklyn Nets, 116-91. Giannis Antetokounmpo was the games high scorer with 41 points on 14-for-20 shooting. Milwaukee played a nearly perfect game. They had a great effective field goal percentage of 0.590 (above their season average of 0.532) and a turnover percentage of 8.9 (better than their season average of 12.5). For those same stats, Brooklyn put up marks of 0.416 and 12.5, respectively.
The Bulls are hoping for a better outcome after their 108-103 loss to the Los Angeles Lakers in their last contest. With 16 points and 11 rebounds, Chicago’s Denzel Valentine had a good performance. Los Angeles had a turnover percentage of 8.0 (better than their season average of 13.7). Chicago, meanwhile, had an offensive rebounding percentage of 29.6 (above their season average of 19.5).
Contrasting paces will be on display in this matchup. Chicago prefers to play quickly (seventh in possessions per game), while Milwaukee is more half-court-oriented (26th in possessions per game). Furthermore, the Bucks, who rank 29th in offensive rebounding percentage (19.1 percent), will battle against the Bulls, who rank third in defensive rebounding percentage (81.0 percent).
Games including these teams have a tendency to go over the projected point total. Milwaukee games have gone over 55.3 percent of the time, while 55.1 percent of Chicago games have gone over. The Bucks have the better straight up (SU) record (25-22 vs. 18-31), but the Bulls hold the clear advantage against the spread (ATS) (28-18-3 vs. 20-22-5).
Khris Middleton has been outstanding over the last five games for Milwaukee, averaging 23.6 points, 7.4 rebounds, 4.4 assists and 1.8 steals per game.
These two teams have met twice already this year, with the Bulls winning both. In the most recent contest, the Bucks lost 115-106, unable to cover as 7.5-point favorites. Antetokounmpo led both teams with 28 points and also added seven rebounds. The two teams combined to score 221 points, which was 9.5 points above the projected point total of 211.5 points. Chicago had a much better turnover percentage (5.0 vs. 15.4). Milwaukee, meanwhile, did a terrific job of getting and making free throws (18-24; 75.0 percent).
Milwaukee Bucks vs. Chicago Bulls Free Prediction
Free Prediction: SU Winner – Bulls, ATS Winner – Bulls, O/U – Under
- The Bucks rank fifth in steals per game (8.6) while the Bulls rank 23rd (7.1).
- Milwaukee ranks first in fast break points allowed per game (8.1) while Chicago ranks 15th (11.7).
- Milwaukee ranks 10th in blocks per game (5.1) while Chicago ranks 28th (3.7).
- Chicago ranks 27th in second chance points per game (10.3) while Milwaukee ranks 29th (9.8).
- Chicago is 13-9-2 ATS at home, while Milwaukee is 11-9-2 ATS on the road.
- Of the Bucks 22 road games, they have 13 overs, 8 unders and 1 push.
- Of the Bulls 24 home games, they have 13 unders and 11 overs.
- Milwaukee is 10-3 when they hold opponents under 100 points, while Chicago is 6-5.
- The Bulls are 16-15 when they score above 100 points, while the Bucks are 21-12.
- The Bucks rank 10th in points in the paint per game (46.5) while the Bulls rank 25th (41.2).
- Chicago ranks sixth in rebounds per game (45.0) while Milwaukee ranks last (38.5).
- The Bucks rank sixth in three pointers allowed per game (26.3) while the Bulls rank 27th (31.3).
- The Bucks rank 14th in assists allowed per game (22.9) while the Bulls rank 28th (25.3).
- Milwaukee ranks eighth in points off turnovers per game (17.7) while Chicago ranks 28th (14.3).
- Chicago is 3-2 ATS with 4 unders and 1 over in their last five games.
- Over their last five games, Milwaukee is 2-3 ATS with 3 unders and 2 overs.
- The Bulls average margin of defeat in their last five games has been 2.8, down from 5.3 for the season.
- During their last five games, the Bucks have scored an average of 104.8 points per game (0.2 below their season average) and allowed an average of 102.6 points per game (3.2 below their season average).