With a trip to the Eastern Conference Semifinals on the line, the Milwaukee Bucks (3-3) will travel to TD Garden to go head-to-head with the Boston Celtics (3-3) in game seven of the First Round of the Eastern Conference Playoffs. The Bucks opened as 4.5-point underdogs. The games Over/Under (O/U) opened at 195 points and it can be seen on TNT at 8 p.m. ET on Saturday, April 28, 2018.
Milwaukee Bucks vs. Boston Celtics Betting Odds
In game six, Antetokounmpo led the Bucks to a 97-86 victory. He notched a double-double with 31 points and 14 rebounds. The two teams combined to put up 183 points, which was well under the projected point total of 201, and Milwaukee covered as a 4.5-point favorite. Milwaukee had a better offensive rebounding percentage (17.5 vs. 12.8). Boston, meanwhile, did a terrific job of converting from the free throw line (16-19; 84.2 percent).
Half-court execution will be of utmost importance when a pair of the NBA’s slowest-paced teams clash. Boston ranks 23rd in possessions per game (97.9) and Milwaukee is 24th (97.8). ,
Of the Bucks 88 games, 50 have finished over the O/U total. Milwaukee comes into the contest with records of 47-41 straight up (SU) and 37-46-5 against the spread (ATS).
A little over half of Celtics games have finished over the projected point total. Additionally, Boston owns records of 58-30 SU and 52-32-4 ATS.
Jaylen Brown has been excellent as of late for Boston, averaging 21.8 points, 5.4 rebounds and 1.2 steals over the last five games.
Milwaukee Bucks vs. Boston Celtics ATS Pick
NBA Tip: SU Winner – Bucks, ATS Winner – Bucks, O/U – Over
- The Celtics rank 10th in three pointers attempted per game (30.3) while the Bucks rank 25th (24.7).
- Milwaukee ranks seventh in points in the paint per game (47.3) while Boston ranks 29th (39.9).
- The Bucks rank sixth in fast break points per game (14.7) while the Celtics rank 27th (9.5).
- Boston ranks ninth in rebounds per game (44.4) while Milwaukee ranks last (39.8).
- Milwaukee ranks fourth in blocks per game (5.5) while Boston ranks 19th (4.5).
- The Celtics rank second in second chance points allowed per game (10.9) while the Bucks rank 24th (13.2).
- The Bucks rank third in steals per game (8.7) while the Celtics rank 22nd (7.3).
- Boston ranks fourth in assists allowed per game (21.3) while Milwaukee ranks 16th (23.4).
- Milwaukee ranks third in points off turnovers per game (17.9) while Boston ranks 24th (15.2).
- Milwaukee is 19-6 when they allow below 100 points, while Boston is 37-6.
- The Celtics are 44-14 when they reach the century mark, while the Bucks are 40-22.
- Milwaukee is 22-20-2 ATS on the road, while Boston is 23-17-4 ATS at home.
- The total has gone over in 25 of the Celtics 44 home games, while 26 of the Bucks 44 road games have gone over.
- In their last five games, Milwaukee and Boston have both had 3 overs and 2 unders.
- The Celtics are 3-2 ATS over their last five games, while the Bucks are 2-3.
- During their last five games, the Celtics have scored an average of 98.4 points per game (5.4 below their season average) and allowed an average of 102.0 points per game (1.4 above their season average).
- The Bucks have outscored opponents by an average of 3.6 points in their last five games. For the season, Milwaukee has lost by an average of 0.1 points.