The leagues top team will be at home when the Boston Celtics (20-4) welcome the Milwaukee Bucks (12-9) to TD Garden. Boston is a 6-point favorite on the opening line, while the games Over/Under (O/U) opened at 202.5 points. Tip-off is scheduled for 7:30 p.m. ET on Monday, December 4, 2017, and it can be seen on NBATV.
Milwaukee Bucks vs. Boston Celtics Free Preview
The Bucks were victorious over the Sacramento Kings in their last contest, 109-104. Giannis Antetokounmpo was the top scorer from either team with 33 points on 8-for-15 shooting. Milwaukee played a nearly flawless game. They had a ridiculous free throw rate of 0.507 (above their season average of 0.189) and an offensive rebounding percentage of 25.0 (above their season average of 17.5). Sacramento was 0.247 and 18.2, respectively, for those same stats.
The last time the Celtics played, they beat the Phoenix Suns, 116-111. Boston’s Al Horford played a pivotal role with 14 points, 11 assists and five rebounds. The Celtics knocked down 18 of their 23 free throws (78.3 percent) and had an effective field goal percentage of 0.613 (above their season average of 0.511).
Half-court execution will be critical when a pair of the leagues slowest-paced teams face off. Boston ranks 25th in possessions per game (98.3) and Milwaukee is 27th (97.0).
Of Milwaukee’s 21 games, 11 have finished over the projected point total, while 12 of Boston’s 24 games have finished over the projected point total. Looking at straight up (SU) and against the spread (ATS) records, the Celtics have a substantial advantage. They are 20-4 SU and 18-5-1 ATS, while the Bucks are 12-9 SU and 9-10-2 ATS.
Eric Bledsoe has taken his game to another level over the last five games for Milwaukee, averaging 21.6 points, 5.0 assists and 3.0 steals per game.
These two teams have met twice already this season, each winning once. Antetokounmpo scored a game-high 28 points in the most recent contest, in which the Bucks lost 96-89, unable to cover as 4.5-point favorites. The two teams combined to score 185 points, which was 21.5 points below the projected point total of 206.5 points. The Celtics dominated nearly every stat category in the game. They had an offensive rebounding percentage of 14.6 and a free throw rate of 0.244. The Bucks were 4.9 and 0.104, respectively, for those same stats.
Milwaukee Bucks at Boston Celtics Betting Prediction
Predictions: SU Winner – Celtics, ATS Winner – Bucks, O/U – Over
- The Celtics rank ninth in three pointers attempted per game (30.9) while the Bucks rank 26th (24.6).
- Milwaukee leads the NBA with 6.3 fast break points allowed per game while Boston is fifth with 8.9 fast break points allowed per game.
- Milwaukee ranks fifth in blocks per game (5.6) while Boston ranks 17th (4.5).
- On the road, Milwaukee is 6-4-1 ATS with 7 overs and 4 unders.
- Boston is 8-3-1 ATS at home with 6 overs and 6 unders.
- In games where they allow below 100 points, Milwaukee is 6-2 and Boston is 15-0.
- The Celtics are 15-2 when they score over 100 points, while the Bucks are 9-3.
- The Celtics rank 20th in second chance points per game (11.8) while the Bucks rank last (8.0).
- Boston ranks ninth in rebounds per game (45.0) while Milwaukee ranks last (38.3).
- The Bucks rank eighth in points in the paint per game (46.3) while the Celtics rank 28th (38.9).
- The Celtics allow the fewest steals per game (6.8) while the Bucks rank third (7.0).
- Milwaukee ranks eighth in points off turnovers per game (18.7) while Boston ranks 26th (14.3).
- Boston is 3-2 ATS with 4 overs and 1 under in their last five games.
- Over their last five games, Milwaukee is 3-2 ATS with 4 overs and 1 under.
- The Celtics average margin of victory in their last five games has been 6.2, down from 7.1 for the season.
- During their last five games, the Bucks have scored an average of 109.0 points per game (5.8 above their season average) and allowed an average of 102.0 points per game (1.9 below their season average).