The Milwaukee Bucks (0-1) will travel to TD Garden to go head-to-head with the Boston Celtics (1-0) in game two of the First Round of the Eastern Conference Playoffs. The Celtics opened as 2.5-point favorites. The game’s Over/Under (O/U) opened at 197 points and it can be seen on TNT at 8 p.m. ET on Tuesday, April 17, 2018.
Milwaukee Bucks vs. Boston Celtics Betting Odds
In game one, Horford led the Celtics to a 113-107 win. He notched a double-double with 24 points and 12 rebounds. Boston covered as a 3.5-point favorite and the two teams combined for 220 points, which was well over the projected point total of 199. Boston out-rebounded Milwaukee. The Celtics had 11 offensive rebounds and 45 total rebounds, while the Bucks had five and 42, respectively.
Half-court execution will be critical when a pair of the league’s slowest-paced teams clash. Boston ranks 21st in possessions per game (98.3) and Milwaukee is 23rd (98.2).
Of the Bucks’ 83 games, 47 have finished over the total. Milwaukee holds records of 44-39 straight up (SU) and 35-43-5 against the spread (ATS).
Vegas has typically been fairly accurate when setting the O/U total of Celtics games, with 43 overs compared to 39 unders. Further, Boston is 56-27 SU and 49-30-4 ATS.
Milwaukee Bucks vs. Boston Celtics ATS Pick
Free NBA Pick: SU Winner – Celtics, ATS Winner – Celtics, O/U – Over
- The Celtics rank fourth in assists allowed per game (21.3) while the Bucks rank 18th (23.6).
- Milwaukee ranks seventh in points in the paint per game (47.5) while Boston ranks 29th (39.9).
- The Celtics rank third in second chance points allowed per game (11.1) while the Bucks rank 23rd (13.2).
- Milwaukee ranks fifth in fast break points per game (14.6) while Boston ranks 25th (9.5).
- Boston ranks 11th in three pointers attempted per game (30.3) while Milwaukee ranks 25th (24.6).
- The Celtics rank eighth in rebounds per game (44.5) while the Bucks rank last (39.9).
- The Bucks rank third in steals per game (8.8) while the Celtics rank 22nd (7.4).
- Milwaukee ranks fifth in blocks per game (5.4) while Boston ranks 18th (4.6).
- Milwaukee ranks third in points off turnovers per game (18.3) while Boston ranks 23rd (15.3).
- Boston is 36-5 when they hold opponents below 100 points, while Milwaukee is 17-5.
- When reaching 100 points, the Celtics are 43-13 and the Bucks are 38-21.
- Boston is 21-17-4 ATS at home, while Milwaukee is 22-18-2 ATS on the road.
- The total has gone over in 25 of the Bucks’ 42 road games, while 24 of the Celtics’ 42 home games have gone over.
- The Celtics are 2-2-1 ATS over their last five games, while the Bucks are 2-3.
- In their last five games, Boston has 5 overs, while Milwaukee has 4 overs and 1 under.
- The Celtics’ average margin of victory in their last five games has been 1.6, down from 3.6 for the season.
- During their last five games, the Bucks have scored an average of 106.0 points per game (0.5 below their season average) and allowed an average of 110.0 points per game (3.1 above their season average).