The league’s top scoring team will be a 7.5-point favorite on the road at Capital One Arena, when the Milwaukee Bucks (29-11) face off with the Washington Wizards (17-25). The game’s Over/Under (O/U) has been set at 231 points and it can be seen on Fox Sports Net Wisconsin at 7 p.m. ET on Friday, January 11, 2019.
Milwaukee Bucks vs. Washington Wizards Betting Odds
Both teams covered in their last matchup. The Wizards (3.5-point underdogs) defeated the Philadelphia 76ers 123-106, while the Bucks (2-point favorite) beat the Houston Rockets 116-109. The Washington game went 1.5 points over the projected point total of 227.5, while the Milwaukee game went 3.5 points under the projected point total of 228.5.
The Bucks forced 18 turnovers and held the Rockets to an effective field goal percentage of 0.482 (below their season average of 0.538). The Wizards, meanwhile, had an absurd effective field goal percentage of 0.615 (above their season average of 0.524), while the 76ers had a turnover percentage of 19.4 (above their season average of 13.2). Washington was lifted by Bradley Beal, who recorded 34 points and five assists. Giannis Antetokounmpo had a good outing for Milwaukee, putting up 27 points, 21 rebounds and five assists.
This was a highly contested series last year. Each won two of the four games played against each other last season. The Wizards won the last contest 107-104. Washington had a much better turnover percentage (10.1 vs. 15.2). Milwaukee, on the other hand, did a terrific job of converting from the charity stripe (24-28; 85.7 percent). This will be the first matchup of the year between these two teams.
Vegas is exceedingly accurate when predicting totals of Bucks games, with an even split between overs and unders. Milwaukee comes into the contest with records of 29-11 straight up (SU) and 23-16-1 against the spread (ATS).
Wizards games tend to finish over the O/U total (59.5 percent). Moreover, Washington is 17-25 SU and 16-25-1 ATS.
Second-chance opportunities might be hard to come by for Washington in this battle. The Wizards rank 27th in offensive rebounding percentage (20.2 percent), while Milwaukee ranks first in defensive rebounding percentage (80.8 percent). Moreover, the fourth-ranked offense of the Bucks (offensive efficiency of 111.7) will attempt to exploit the 27th-ranked defense of the Wizards (defensive efficiency of 110.8).
Milwaukee Bucks at Washington Wizards Betting Pick
Pick: SU Winner – Bucks, ATS Winner – Bucks, O/U – Over
- The Wizards rank fifth in steals per game (9.0) while the Bucks rank 19th (7.5).
- Milwaukee ranks first in second chance points allowed per game (10.8) while Washington ranks last (15.0).
- The Bucks average 26.5 assists per game, which ranks fifth in the league. The Wizards rank 26th in assists allowed per game (25.7).
- Washington averages 32.9 three pointers per game, which ranks 10th in the league. Milwaukee ranks last in three pointers allowed per game (35.9).
- Milwaukee ranks third in points off turnovers allowed per game (14.3) while Washington ranks 22nd (17.5).
- The Bucks average 49.4 rebounds per game, which ranks first in the league. The Wizards rank 29th in rebounds allowed per game (48.0).
- The Bucks rank first in points allowed in the paint per game (39.4) while the Wizards rank 21st (49.9).
- Milwaukee ranks fourth in blocks per game (6.0) while Washington ranks 16th (5.1).
- Milwaukee ranks first in fast break points allowed per game (9.5) while Washington ranks 22nd (14.8).
- When allowing below 100 points, Milwaukee is 9-1 and Washington is 5-0.
- The Wizards are 17-20 when they reach 100 points, while the Bucks are 29-8.
- Washington is 10-8-1 ATS at home, while Milwaukee is 8-8-1 ATS on the road.
- The Bucks have 10 unders and 7 overs in 17 road games.
- The Wizards have 13 overs and 6 unders in 19 home games.
- In their last five games, Milwaukee and Washington are both 4-1 ATS.
- The Bucks have 3 unders and 2 overs over their last five games, while the Wizards have 3 overs and 2 unders
- The Bucks’ average margin of victory in their last five games has been 13.4, up from 9.5 for the season.
- During their last five games, the Wizards have scored an average of 115.4 points per game (2.4 above their season average) and allowed an average of 109.8 points per game (6.7 below their season average).