Central Division foes will battle when the Detroit Pistons (5-3) challenge the Milwaukee Bucks (4-4) at Little Caesars Arena. The Over/Under (O/U) for the game opened at 205 points with Detroit set as a 2.5-point favorite. Tip-off is set for at 7 p.m. ET on Friday, November 3, 2017, and it can be seen on Fox Sports – Detroit.
Milwaukee Bucks vs. Detroit Pistons ATS Preview
In the Bucks’ last contest, they were beaten by the Charlotte Hornets, 126-121. With 43 points on 15-for-28 shooting, Khris Middleton was the game’s leading scorer. Charlotte did a fantastic job of converting from the free throw line (22-29; 75.9 percent). Milwaukee, meanwhile, had an offensive rebounding percentage of 20.9 (above their season average of 13.5).
The Pistons are hoping for a better outcome after their 113-93 loss to the Los Angeles Lakers in their last matchup. With 10 points, 12 rebounds and five assists, Andre Drummond had a good game for Detroit. Los Angeles did a fantastic job of making free throws (11-14; 78.6 percent). Detroit, on the other hand, had a better turnover percentage (12.0 vs. 12.6).
Second-chance points could be hard to come by for Milwaukee in this battle. The Bucks rank 26th in offensive rebounding percentage (20.8 percent), while Detroit ranks first in defensive rebounding percentage (80.9 percent) since last season.
Games featuring Milwaukee have gone over 62.5 percent of the time, while Detroit games have finished over 50.0 percent of the time. The Pistons come into this game with a substantial advantage in both straight up (SU) and against the spread (ATS) records. They are 5-3 SU and 6-2 ATS, while the Bucks are 4-4 SU and 3-4-1 ATS.
The Bucks won three out of four contests against the Pistons last season. In the last game, the Pistons won 98-83. The Pistons dominated nearly every facet of the game. They had a phenomenal offensive rebounding percentage of 34.8 and a free throw rate of 0.170. The Bucks recorded marks of 19.2 and 0.126, respectively, for those same stats.
Milwaukee Bucks at Detroit Pistons Odds Prediction
Predictions: SU Winner – Pistons, ATS Winner – Pistons, O/U – Under
Betting Notes (2016-Present):
- The Bucks rank fifth in assists per game (24.0) while the Pistons rank 22nd (21.1).
- Detroit ranks second in steals allowed per game (6.7) while Milwaukee ranks 11th (7.4).
- Milwaukee ranks fifth in points off turnovers per game (17.4) while Detroit ranks 20th (15.3).
- Detroit is 27-12 when they hold opponents under 100 points, while Milwaukee is 27-7.
- The Bucks are 39-19 when they score above 100 points, while the Pistons are 37-15.
- The Bucks rank fourth in points in the paint per game (47.9) while the Pistons rank 15th (43.8).
- Detroit ranks fourth in rebounds per game (45.4) while Milwaukee ranks 28th (40.0).
- The Bucks rank seventh in blocks per game (5.2) while the Pistons rank 29th (3.7).
- The Pistons rank third in fast break points allowed per game (10.4) while the Bucks rank sixth (11.1).
- Detroit ranks eighth in second chance points per game (13.7) while Milwaukee ranks 29th (10.5).