The Middle Tennessee Blue Raiders (24-7), 5-point underdogs, take on the Louisville Cardinals (21-13) in the NIT at KFC Yum! Center. The games Over/Under (O/U) has been set at 143 points and it can be seen on ESPN2 at 6:30 p.m. ET on Sunday, March 18, 2018.
Middle Tennessee Blue Raiders vs. Louisville Cardinals ATS Odds
In their last outing, the Cardinals defeated the Northern Kentucky Norse, 66-58, while the Blue Raiders were blown out by the Vermont Catamounts, 64-91.
Louisville played a nearly flawless game. They had a solid free throw rate of 0.291 (above their season average of 0.236) and a turnover percentage of 13.4 (better than their season average of 14.8). Northern Kentucky was 0.141 and 16.6, respectively, for those same stats. Middle Tennessee, meanwhile, had an effective field goal percentage of 0.717 (above their season average of 0.527). Ray Spalding played a key role for Louisville with seven points and 13 rebounds. Nick King had a solid performance for Middle Tennessee, contributing 16 points and 12 rebounds.
Baskets could be hard to come by in this meeting between a pair of the nations top defenses. Louisville ranks 54th in defensive efficiency (99.3) and Middle Tennessee is 26th (97.4).
Giddy Potts has really been playing well as of late for Middle Tennessee, averaging 13.4 points and 5.2 rebounds over the last five games.
Middle Tennessee Blue Raiders at Louisville Cardinals Odds Pick
Free Pick: SU Winner – Louisville, ATS Winner – Louisville, O/U – Under
- Middle Tennessee ranks 11th in rebounds allowed per game (30.5) while Louisville ranks 254th (37.1).
- The Cardinals allow the 28th-fewest assists per game (11.2) while the Blue Raiders rank 42nd (11.5).
- The Cardinals rank fourth in blocks per game (6.2) while the Blue Raiders rank 227th (2.3).
- Middle Tennessee ranks 40th in three pointers allowed per game (19.4) while Louisville ranks 126th (21.2).
- The Blue Raiders average margin of victory in their last five games has been 11.6, up from 9.6 for the season.
- During their last five games, the Cardinals have scored an average of 68.2 points per game (7.7 below their season average) and allowed an average of 70.0 points per game (0.2 below their season average).