Expect a defensive struggle when the Wisconsin Badgers (11-15, 4-9 Big 10) and the No. 20 Michigan Wolverines (19-7, 8-5 Big 10) square off at Kohl Center. Michigan is a 4-point favorite on the opening line, while the Over/Under (O/U) for the game opened at 126 points. Tip-off is scheduled for 1 p.m. ET on Sunday, February 11, 2018.
Michigan Wolverines at Wisconsin Badgers Odds Preview
The last time the Wolverines played, they were beaten by the Northwestern Wildcats, 61-52. With 20 points on 7-for-10 shooting, Moritz Wagner led Michigan in scoring. Northwestern had a turnover percentage of 9.5 (better than their season average of 15.5). Michigan, meanwhile, had a free throw rate of 0.295 (above their season average of 0.171).
The Badgers come in on a high note after topping the Illinois Fighting Illini in their last contest, 78-69. With 27 points on 12-for-20 shooting, Ethan Happ was Wisconsin’s high scorer. Wisconsin played a nearly perfect game. They had an extraordinary effective field goal percentage of 0.617 (above their season average of 0.509) and a free throw rate of 0.426 (above their season average of 0.222). Illinois recorded marks of 0.464 and 0.327, respectively, for those same stats.
Half-court execution will be at a premium when two of the NCAA’s slowest-paced teams go head-to-head. Wisconsin ranks 345th in possessions per game (63.8) and Michigan is 334th (65.4).
Of Michigan’s 25 games that accepted bets, 15 have finished under the projected point total, while 13 of Wisconsin’s 25 games have finished under the projected point total. The Wolverines come into this game with a clear advantage in both straight up (SU) and against the spread (ATS) records. They are 19-7 SU and 14-11 ATS, while the Badgers are 11-15 SU and 10-15 ATS.
This is the first time these teams will go head-to-head this year, after the Wolverines won two out of three contests last season. In the last matchup, Michigan won 71-56. The Wolverines played a nearly flawless game. They had an absurd effective field goal percentage of 0.667 and a turnover percentage of 14.8. The Badgers were 0.446 and 20.1, respectively, for those same stats.
Michigan Wolverines vs. Wisconsin Badgers Betting Prediction
Basketball Tip: SU Winner – Michigan, ATS Winner – Michigan, O/U – Under
- The Wolverines rank 246th in rebounds per game (33.1) while the Badgers rank 282nd (31.3).
- Michigan averages 3.2 blocks per game, which ranks 129th in the nation. Wisconsin ranks 139th in blocks allowed per game (3.7).
- Michigan is 7-5 ATS on the road, while Wisconsin is 6-7 ATS at home.
- The total has gone over in 6 of the Wolverines 12 road games, while 8 of the Badgers 13 home games have gone over.
- Michigan ranks 50th in three pointers attempted per game (25.1) while Wisconsin ranks 235th (19.4).
- The Wolverines rank fifth in steals allowed per game (4.3) while the Badgers rank 94th (5.9).
- Michigan is 18th in the nation with 10.5 assists allowed per game while Wisconsin is 56th with 11.8 assists allowed per game.
- Wisconsin is 3-2 ATS with 2 overs, 2 unders and 1 push in their last five games.
- Over their last five games, Michigan is 3-2 ATS with 3 unders and 2 overs.
- The Badgers have been outscored by an average of 6.0 points in their last five games. For the season, Wisconsin has defeated opponents by an average of 0.9 points.
- During their last five games, the Wolverines have scored an average of 67.2 points per game (6.4 below their season average) and allowed an average of 64.0 points per game (0.6 above their season average).