The Penn State Nittany Lions (8-15, 1-11 Big 10) welcome the seventh-ranked Michigan Wolverines (22-2, 11-2 Big 10) to Bryce Jordan Center. The Nittany Lions will attempt to put an end to a five-game home losing streak. Action gets underway at 8:30 p.m. ET on Tuesday, February 12, 2019.
Michigan Wolverines at Penn State Nittany Lions Betting Odds
In their last game, the Nittany Lions lost to the Ohio State Buckeyes, 74-70, while the Wolverines were victorious over the 19th-ranked Wisconsin Badgers, 61-52.
Michigan dominated nearly every facet of the game. They had a free throw rate of 0.125 (matching their season average) and a turnover percentage of 7.7 (better than their season average of 12.7). For those same stats, Wisconsin put up marks of 0.000 and 10.5, respectively. Penn State, meanwhile, forced Ohio State into a turnover percentage of 24.1 (above their season average of 16.5). Lamar Stevens had a solid performance for Penn State, contributing 20 points and 12 rebounds. Jon Teske played a pivotal role for Michigan with 17 points and 12 rebounds.
In their first matchup this season, Ignas Brazdeikis led the Wolverines to a 68-55 win. He recorded a double-double with 16 points and 11 rebounds. Michigan’s free throw rate was their largest strength over Penn State. The Wolverines had a rate of 0.236, while the Nittany Lions posted a mark of 0.105.
Penn State might struggle to score as they clash against one of the country’s best defenses. Michigan currently ranks second in defensive efficiency while the Nittany Lions rank 284th in offensive efficiency.
Michigan at Penn State ATS Pick
Free College Basketball Pick: SU Winner – Penn State, ATS Winner – Penn State, O/U – Under
- Michigan ranks first in steals allowed per game (3.7) while Penn State ranks 153rd (6.8).
- The Wolverines lead the NCAA with 15.9 three pointers allowed per game while the Nittany Lions are 27th with 19.0 three pointers allowed per game.
- Michigan averages 35.9 rebounds per game, which ranks 137th in the nation. Penn State ranks 144th in rebounds allowed per game (34.8).
- The Wolverines rank 42nd in blocks per game (4.3) while the Nittany Lions rank 131st in blocks allowed per game (3.7).
- Michigan ranks fifth in assists allowed per game (9.6) while Penn State ranks 81st (12.3).
- During their last five games, the Nittany Lions have scored an average of 68.6 points per game (0.5 above their season average) and allowed an average of 70.8 points per game (1.9 above their season average).
- The Wolverines’ average margin of victory in their last five games has been 9.0, down from 13.6 for the season.