The No. 5 Michigan State Spartans (21-3, 9-2 Big 10) and the Indiana Hoosiers (12-11, 5-6 Big 10) go head-to-head at Assembly Hall. The Spartans will attempt to continue their five-game winning streak. Tip-off is scheduled for 12 p.m. ET on Saturday, February 3, 2018.
Michigan State Spartans vs. Indiana Hoosiers Free Preview
The last time the Spartans played, they were victorious over the Penn State Nittany Lions, 76-68. Miles Bridges was Michigan State’s leading scorer with 23 points on 7-for-16 shooting. The Spartans knocked down 20 of their 25 free throws (80.0 percent) and held the Nittany Lions to an effective field goal percentage of 0.428 (below their season average of 0.530).
The Hoosiers are trying to rebound after their 71-56 loss to the No. 17 Ohio State Buckeyes in their last matchup. Devonte Green was the games leading scorer with 20 points on 6-for-10 shooting. Ohio State had an effective field goal percentage of 0.606 (above their season average of 0.551). Indiana, on the other hand, forced the Buckeyes into a turnover percentage of 19.9 (above their season average of 15.2).
Indiana might have a tough time putting up points as they face off against one of the NCAA’s best defenses. Michigan State ranks eighth in defensive efficiency while the Hoosiers rank 150th in offensive efficiency.
These teams have already met once this season. The Spartans won 85-57. The Spartans dominated nearly every facet of the game. They had an absurd offensive rebounding percentage of 38.7 and an extraordinary effective field goal percentage of 0.627. For those same stats, the Hoosiers had marks of 19.5 and 0.407, respectively. Nick Ward put up a double-double in the victory with 18 points and 13 rebounds.
Michigan State Spartans at Indiana Hoosiers Prediction
Free Pick: SU Winner – Indiana, ATS Winner – Indiana, O/U – Under
- The Hoosiers rank 122nd in steals per game (6.3) while the Spartans rank 225th (4.5).
- Michigan State ranks first in assists per game (20.4) while Indiana ranks 151st (13.6).
- The Spartans rank fifth in rebounds per game (42.1) while the Hoosiers rank 151st (35.5).
- Michigan State ranks first in blocks per game (8.0) while Indiana ranks 126th in blocks allowed per game (3.7).
- The Hoosiers have been outscored by an average of 9.8 points in their last five games. For the season, Indiana has defeated opponents by an average of 0.6 points.
- During their last five games, the Spartans have scored an average of 79.6 points per game (4.4 below their season average) and allowed an average of 65.6 points per game (1.3 above their season average).