MAC foes will clash when the Western Michigan Broncos (13-10, 5-5 MAC) clash against the Miami (OH) RedHawks (13-10, 6-4 MAC) at University Arena in Read Fieldhouse. Western Michigan is a 7-point favorite on the opening line, while the games Over/Under (O/U) opened at 138.5 points. Action begins at 7 p.m. ET on Tuesday, February 6, 2018.
Miami (OH) RedHawks vs. Western Michigan Broncos ATS Preview
In the RedHawks last contest, they beat the Northern Illinois Huskies, 81-65. Nike Sibande was the top scorer from either team with 20 points on 6-for-13 shooting. The RedHawks, who came into the game averaging an effective field goal percentage of 0.516, had an extraordinary mark of 0.655 and held the Huskies to an offensive rebounding percentage of 19.4 (below their season average of 29.0).
The Broncos are hoping for a better outcome after their 92-86 loss to the Buffalo Bulls in their last outing. Thomas Wilder was the games leading scorer with 34 points on 10-for-17 shooting. Buffalo had an effective field goal percentage of 0.672 (above their season average of 0.530). Western Michigan, on the other hand, had a turnover percentage of 8.3 (better than their season average of 13.7).
Western Michigan should be expected to protect the ball well in this contest. Western Michigan ranks 21st in the nation at avoiding errors (turnover percentage of 15.7 percent), while Miami (OH) forces the 81st-fewest turnovers (17.5 percent).
Of Miami (OH)’s 21 games that accepted bets, 11 have finished under the projected point total, while 10 of Western Michigan’s 20 games have finished under the O/U total. Both teams have respectable straight up (SU) records (13-10 for Miami (OH); 13-10 for Western Michigan), but the RedHawks have the advantage against the spread (ATS). Miami (OH) is 13-7-1 ATS, while the Broncos are 9-10-1.
These teams have already met once this season. In that game, the two teams combined for 129 points, which was under the projected point total of 142. The Broncos won 67-62, covering as 2.5-point favorites. The Broncos dominated nearly every stat category in the game. They had an absurdly low turnover percentage of 6.6 and a free throw rate of 0.246. The RedHawks were 17.0 and 0.138, respectively, for those same stats. Reggie Jones had a standout performance in the victory, producing 11 points, nine rebounds and five assists.
Miami (OH) RedHawks at Western Michigan Broncos ATS Prediction
Free Basketball Pick: SU Winner – Western Michigan, ATS Winner – Miami (OH), O/U – Over
- The RedHawks rank 108th in assists per game (14.3) while the Broncos rank 122nd in assists allowed per game (13.0).
- Miami (OH) is 8-4-1 ATS on the road with 7 unders, 5 overs and 1 push.
- Western Michigan is 2-5-1 ATS at home with 5 overs and 3 unders.
- Miami (OH) ranks 55th in three pointers attempted per game (24.9) while Western Michigan ranks 257th in three pointers allowed per game (25.0).
- The Broncos rank eighth in steals allowed per game (4.5) while the RedHawks rank 141st (6.6).
- Miami (OH) ranks 75th in rebounds per game (37.7) while Western Michigan ranks 154th in rebounds allowed per game (35.0).
- Western Michigan is 2-2-1 ATS with 4 overs and 1 under in their last five games.
- Over their last five games, Miami (OH) is 4-1 ATS with 3 unders and 2 overs.
- The Broncos average margin of victory in their last five games has been 0.2, down from 3.1 for the season.
- During their last five games, the RedHawks have scored an average of 69.8 points per game (2.1 below their season average) and allowed an average of 60.2 points per game (8.6 below their season average).